fireman

Picked up what I think is a 1973 GT-14 today

baerpath

Looks good Jeff :omg:

Duane

fireman

Rick you were right about those being "D" adjusters. So I found some pictures of what is supposed to be there and looked at the parts list, then made up a drawing. My friend the machinist made me up the mounts I need. He actually made them out of tool steel. Now just to get the 3/4-16 threaded rod or bolts and I will be done.

2010-04-26080238.jpg

If someone has the factory threaded rods and can give me measurements such as length, and the distance of where the drift pins are from the end I would appreciate it.

Thanks

rickv1957

Jeff,10" overall length,starting from bottom,1/4" to 1/8" cotter pin hole,4" worth of thread,5-1/2" to 5/16" roll pin-4" long,8-1/2" to 1/8" cotter pin hole,Head not included in overall length, :omg: Rick

IMG_1959.jpg

Brrly1

Jeff, looks good. Did he charge to do this or was it one of them favor type deals. If he did charge may I ask how much? Thanks and Have a Great Day

See Ya, Bye Burly :omg:

:D

fireman

Thanks for the dimensions Rick! That will make life easier.

John,

He made them for free.

fireman

Well I got all the hydraulics finished and the finally found the 3/4-16 threaded rod. All that's left to do is drill the holes in the threaded rod for the roll pins and cotter pins.

Took it out today and tested it to make sure the hydraulics are correct and working. Then she got a nice de-greasing and power wash. I will have it at the meet and greet on Saturday.

100_0775.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0777.jpg

100_0778.jpg

• Like 2

rickv1957

Jeff,the adjusters look great,nice work!! :omg: Rick

Duff

Looks great, Jeff!

BTW, left you a message over on the CT Meet & Greet thread.....

Duff :omg:

stevasaurus

Jeff, looks really sharp...fabrication. :omg:

fireman

Went camping again this weekend and was sitting in front of the fire having a few beers after the kids went to bed. I was checking my usual searches on the internet in the hunt for Wheel Horse stuff and came across an ad for a snow plow that was located between the camp ground and home. I emailed the seller and asked how big it was and what condition it was in. He replied it was a 54" from end to end and had only minor rust. I replied with an offer and told him I could pick it up today if that worked for him. He accepted the offer. When I got there today to pick it up, I couldn't believe my luck. The whole thing was complete and in really nice shape. The cutting edge has almost no wear! Not only that, but the model blade and mount are the exact ones for my GT-14 :USA: . He also gave me a lead on some horses. Apparently the son of the owner of a long past closed Wheel Horse dealer has a bunch of Wheel Horse tractors that he is looking to sell! I feel like I hit the lotto. Not bad for $125.00 and a 30 minute detour on the way home :D

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

rickv1957

Jeff,that was a good find and nice shape too, :D Rick

hounddoghundzsa

3 pt looks great - I bought one for my Gt a couple a years ago and I thought what I had was almost "complete" except for the lift links- I didn't know that there was an extra cylinder on the 3pt?? :hide: Does anyone have one they would sell me, or is there somplace I could buy one new?? Fireman, I'm with John - if you could get some more of them made up I'd be interested!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

fireman

The 3 Point on the GT-14 could be had 2 ways. One using the mid lift cylinder with the long bar that connected it to the 3-point. The down side of this is whatever is attached to the mid mount would move when you wanted to move the 3-point up or down. The extra cylinder has it's own valve and allowed the two lifts to operate independently. I have the manuals for the hydraulic setup. If you want a copy send me a PM with your email.

The lift blocks my friend made for me were a favor. They are not that hard to make. A machine shop probably wouldn't charge a lot to make you a set. I think I have a drawing with the dimension somewhere.

• Like 1

hounddoghundzsa

Pm sent. THanks!

boatman

:WRS: Nice looking gt-14,

I have a 1969 gt-14 that I built FEL on and I love it. Hope you enjoy

it as much as I do. If motor ever goes bad I would like to put a

diesel in it. :hide:

hounddoghundzsa

The 3 Point on the GT-14 could be had 2 ways. One using the mid lift cylinder with the long bar that connected it to the 3-point. The down side of this is whatever is attached to the mid mount would move when you wanted to move the 3-point up or down. The extra cylinder has it's own valve and allowed the two lifts to operate independently. I have the manuals for the hydraulic setup. If you want a copy send me a PM with your email.

The lift blocks my friend made for me were a favor. They are not that hard to make. A machine shop probably wouldn't charge a lot to make you a set. I think I have a drawing with the dimension somewhere.

If you have time, shoot me the drawings this weekend. I'm working on the 3pt this weekend.

Thanks

wh1257

nice 3pt.

Bobby Joe

I have recently purchased a 1972 GT-14 model# 1-0502  8 .  ,as far as I can tell anyway,. As for as the 8 it think it is the number of gears in the transmission. Even the automatics come with eight gears.

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

That 8 on the end is a date code they used for a few years. Subtract 5 from that 6th digit and you get the model year. 8-5=3=1973. The left over 1972 GT-14's got that model number. You will see 6, 7, 8 and 9 used on the attachments at the time also representing 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1974.

Garry

Edited by gwest_ca
  • Like 1

Aldon

Great thread!