fireman

Picked up what I think is a 1973 GT-14 today

fireman

Hey All,

I picked up a Gt-14 today. The guy wasn't sure of what year it was. When I got it home I checked the Model#, (1-0502_8), against the Toro site and couldn't find it. I then checked the Milica Parts Finder site and again couldn't locate that number or a listing for a 1973 GT-14. I checked Martino's book and found the exact model number listing it as a 1973. Toro and Milica both list a 1-0502 as a 1972 but mine has the "8" after it. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks

100_0554.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0558.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

• Like 1

Horse Rancher

the numbers that i have also states a'72 model

maybe the stamper had a brain fart that day

I'm sure others will have more info :banghead: :thumbs:

truckin88

this was on ebay right??? I like the look of those a lot... almost like a case 444

Brrly1

Hello, from what I have been told this is a 72' model but probably sold in 73', basically a left over from what was built in 72'. So I have been told. But who is to say. Good looking Horse. What was the final price, forgot to watch it but did notice it. Good luck. See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:banghead:

WHC-125

Great find Jeff! I seen this on ebay as well, I placed a few bids but I really didnt have the money to go much higher. I am glad to see it went to a great home! :thumbs:

MikesRJ

More Information:

Model Number: 1-0502

Serial #: 900000-909999

Model Year: 1972

Product Name: GT-14 Tractor

Product Brand: Wheel Horse

Product Type: Riding Products

Product Series: Garden Tractor, Pre '74

Engine/Motor Manufacturer: Kohler

Engine/Motor Size#: 14 hp

Engine/Motor Type: 4 Cycle

Engine/Motor Model #: K321S-60149A

Engine Starter: Electric

Transmission Speed: Infinitely Variable

Transmission Type: Hydrostatic

Transmission Manufacturer: Sundstrand

Transmission Model #: 90-2062

DOCUMENTAION:

Operator Manual: A-5235

Parts Catalog: A-5255

Sundstrand Hydrostatic Transmission Manual: 90-2062 : 492-4206

Toro Productivity Series Hydraulics Manual: 492-4508

Brrly1

Let me know if you ever find the correct center piece for the steering wheel as I happen to have a few of them laying around. I don't believe I have ever seen that piece in this certain type of wheel. Definitely hard to find. Also a nice set of two link chains. See Ya, Bye Burly

:thumbs:

jimbotelho

Jeff I am looking for the 2link chains like the ones on your new machine.anyone know where I can get them?I need for ags 10.50 12 thanks

rickv1957

Nice looking GT14! :thumbs: Rick

fireman

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I would like to know where Mike Martino got the info about the "8" at the end. Makes sense what Burly said. Probably had leftovers and where discontinuing the product line so added the extra number.

Burly,

It ended at $456.00. When I got there he said just give me $450.00. Doesn't someone here have a loader on a GT-14?

gwest_ca

If you look at the engine useage Service Bulletins the 1971 model numbers ended with -6 and in 1972 they ended in -7. The -8 does not show up in the 1973 list.

If you look at the 1955-2000 Attachment Interchange they show the 1972 GT-14's as model numbers 1-0502 and 1-0503. In 1973 the GT-14 is listed as model number 1-0502-8. That is the only place I have seen it.

Garry

stevebo

Guys,

Uncle Bo and I paid Jeff a visit today and I had the trailer hooked up but for some reason Jeff would not let me load the GT14 up on it :banghead:

This is a very nice machine. I think it should be his loader tractor. Thanks again Jeff for popping the hub off the axle on my 73 auto 18. Hopefully you can get the other one apart!! 12 tons may not be enough :thumbs:

Brrly1

Hello Fireman, Refracman has one on his 69' Gt14 and one of the ol' boys that used to stroll around here Teddy Da Bear also has one on what I believe is a 71' or 72'. I like Refracmans as it is a nice looking setup. I have one for my 69' also, I am replacing the 14 hp kohler with a 16 hp kohler which will also have the independent rear lift. I am hoping to add a rear blade. I have a set of rear weights was thinking about putting weights to the inside and then possibly to the outside also but would I have to notch the weight in order for the weight to clear the valve stem. Just dreamin' I guess. Good Luck with the tractor, Looks nice. See Ya, Bye Burly

whfan74

Wow what a beauty! :thumbs:

Have fun with that beast! They sure do look hefty!

HorseFixer

:thumbs: Nice Find Jeff! :banghead:

Lawn Ranger kid

Nice tractor.

Josh

rickv1957

Like that original muffler!,Rick

Bow_Extreme

Very nice GT 14!! Refracman may give you a run for the money on that one. I think it looks nicer than his. Don't tell him I said that..... :thumbs:

Uncle BO

Jeff GT-14 with loader :banghead: then you can make more room in stable looking good :thumbs: need the room :WRS:

unclebo

gregg.d250

Looks great Jeff - lots of potential and a great machine! Awesome find-

fireman

Well after finally meeting up with Duane (Baerpath), I got the 3 point hitch for the GT14. After a lot of sanding, sandblasting and painting, I got the majority of it done and mounted. Now I just need to get a few new hydraulic lines and mount the piston and valve.

Thanks Again Duane :omg:

3-point2.jpg

3-point.jpg

• Like 2

clintonnut

Nice!

My D-250 doesn't have pivot balls on the arms, you're lucky! I got a 3pt Cat 0 Drawbar for mine from northern tool in the color red. Cost $30 but it is well built. I am in the process of making a tongue off the back so I can utilize my tow bar to lift the front of a horse off the ground. I got a NOS top link in the pallet of NOS stuff. I might not need it but would like to hold on to it. I know they run about $25 from tractor supply.

Charlie

rickv1957

Your 3pt looks great,maybe some spacers on top of them D adjusters to finish up that extra space :omg: Rick

Roger from southern Iowa

Nice GT14.

3 point looks good and you can do a lot more stuff with the tractor. :omg:

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE WANTED A GT-14 FOR A LONG TIME. I WILL PUT A DIESEL IN IF I EVER GET ONE. I HAVE A CRANE ON MY 417-8 DIESEL NOW. RUSS :omg: