Sign in to follow this  
TT

Snow in the PA mountains,,,,

TT

Yesterday around 3 PM it started to snow. I got the new gas line on the walk-behind Craftsman blower and tried it on the neighbors driveway around 5:30 PM. (only around 2 inches then)

This morning I awoke to about 8 inches of moderately heavy snow and the temperature was climbing, so I knew I had to get it moved quickly. It ended up settling to around 6 inches and it was like pushing Crisco! (kind of "sheared off" over top of itself)

Knowing I'd have the perfect opportunity to satisfy the :P request, I took the blade off the 416 and rooted the thrower out of the corner of the shop. I had a few minor problems to address from last year, but I had it ready to go in about 20 minutes. It was much more user-friendly compared to being mounted on the 1973 12 8-speed last winter. Hydraulic lift sure makes the job easier too! :D

And once again, Mrs. Robinson came through with a very good collection of photos. :thumbs:

Breaking the path with the Craftsman:

3108011.jpg

The 416 and the thrower:

3108015.jpg

Gettin' it out of the way:

3108037.jpg

The "Old Goat" 1056 scraping the leftovers:

3108049.jpg

Who says a single-stage won't throw snow ? :D :

3108106.jpg

OVER the power lines ! :thumbs: :

3108108.jpg

nylyon

Nice snow pictures Terry!

kj4kicks

Good Job TT !! I bet the women folk just shake their heads at us.... :thumbs:

TT

I had a BLAST! :thumbs: It's been a while since a job like that was actually fun. :thumbs:

In case y'all want to see more.....

Here's the link to the rest of the pictures over at Photobucket:

Terry's snow day!

nylyon

Dear Mrs. Robinson,

Thank you for taking pictures of Mr. Robinson plowing and snow blowing the most recent snow fall. I am sure you are very used to all this Wheel Horse interest he has, and it is fun for the rest of us to see as well. We appreciate you taking such nice pictures, my favorites are the ones where the 416 is blowing the snow over the power lines.

While I have your attention, Terry has been very helpful to so many people. I'm sure you already know this, but he's very generous sharing his thoughts, knowledge and talents every day. He has helped a great number of people and we do appreciate it, and he's a heck of an artist to boot!

Warm Regards,

Karl

mack1605

pics were great great one of the snow going over the power lines nice job

TT

Dear Mrs. Robinson,

Thank you for taking pictures of Mr. Robinson plowing and snow blowing the most recent snow fall. I am sure you are very used to all this Wheel Horse interest he has, and it is fun for the rest of us to see as well. We appreciate you taking such nice pictures, my favorites are the ones where the 416 is blowing the snow over the power lines.

While I have your attention, Terry has been very helpful to so many people. I'm sure you already know this, but he's very generous sharing his thoughts, knowledge and talents every day. He has helped a great number of people and we do appreciate it, and he's a heck of an artist to boot!

Warm Regards,

Karl

HA !

She gave me a big old HUG! :thumbs:

Thanks, Karl. :thumbs:

Greg B.

Looks like a great time, Terry :thumbs:

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson... :thumbs::D

Greg B.

T-Mo

Very nice pictures - excellent, in fact. I also like the one throwing the snow over the power lines. I wouldn't do that here as, and thanks to our wonderful electrical company Ameren UE, it probably would cause a power outrage. :thumbs:

Sparky

Nice pics Terry! I love winter pics with our tractors. Something about how the red tractors contrasts the white snow makes for a great shot.

I dont think it would work as well with any other color tractors such as green/yellow or yellow/white.....know what I mean?

Mike........

kj4kicks

Great pics TT. Tell Mrs Robinson I said " THANKS ! "

In a related issue, I guess my Snow Insurance worked. Had 4 machines ready for the snow. Used the plow twice :thumbs:

I was kind of looking forward to trying the 2 stage to see if I could throw it over the house!

TT

Yep. :D Couldn't agree with you more, Mike.

It's too bad that mine aren't as red as they're supposed to be. :thumbs:

(although I did get another shiny part on the 416 when the drive belt tensioner spring broke the other week.... the original belt guard for the C-161 twin has been hanging on the shop wall ever since I painted it and then realized that a twin-cylinder guard is different than a single cylinder guard. It's now on the 416. :P )

I also found out today that the PTO clutch needs a little more tension to run the thrower than the mower. :P I tried to adjust it, but the trunnion is rusted fast on the rod -- and my acetylene bottle is empty! :thumbs: Just one more thing for "the list". :P

I just can't bring myself to tear down the 1056 and repaint it though. I absolutely enjoy USING it and would hate to screw that up by making it all shiny and nice. :D

I honestly believe that some of these tractors should be left unrestored, just for the sake of the original decals and their locations, and the "wisdom and experience" that seems to "radiate" from them. I often think "if this old tractor could talk, think of the stories it could tell". (I hope that doesn't sound strange. :D )

Could you imagine 11 of them parked in my shop having a B.S. session some night...... and the "old guys" making fun of the "new" 416H ????? :D

TT

Great pics TT. Tell Mrs Robinson I said " THANKS ! "

In a related issue, I guess my Snow Insurance worked. Had 4 machines ready for the snow. Used the plow twice :P

I was kind of looking forward to trying the 2 stage to see if I could throw it over the house!

She says "you're welcome" ........to all of you. :thumbs:

A two hour ride will get you up here Eldon..... and there's still plenty of snow. :D

If I could put snow over the roof of a 24 X 24 garage with a single stage on a '73 14 automatic, you should sure as L be able to get it over the house roof with your machine. :thumbs: :D

kj4kicks

2 hours by truck, let's see now. That's about 100 miles... at 7 mph on a 520.... and several fuel stops.... never mind, the snow will be melted by then... :thumbs:

Buzz

Nice pics Terry! I love winter pics with our tractors. Something about how the red tractors contrasts the white snow makes for a great shot.

I dont think it would work as well with any other color tractors such as green/yellow or yellow/white.....know what I mean?

Mike........

Hmm................it seems to me there's an old saying about yellow snow???????????

Stigian

NIce photos Terry, it sure looks like your having fun :thumbs:

A big :thumbs: 's up to Mrs R for braving the snow to take the photos.

perry

lookin good out there :thumbs: . glad to see you had some fun in the snow :D

great pics !!!!!! :thumbs:

Rollerman

Terry that single stage is really chukin it!

Since you seem to be better equiped for the snow than I am...I have talked to the weather man & will be offering you all of northern IN's snow for the rest of the season. :thumbs:

TT

Bring it on, Stephen! :thumbs:

The boy and I just built a tractor today that's not afraid of snow. :thumbs::D :P