Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

duel adaptors

Kelly

I was reading the other post about duels and got to thinking about the adaptors I found in the iron pile looking for engines at the junk yard I paid $5 for them :D . Any clue as to who made them? :thumbs: They have markings on them cast in

that reads, GIL 33070A and below that 747 they are cast iron and 10" long I had one person that I trade my JD stuff too he said he thought they were sold to anyone not just for a specific brand. I seen a set on ebay about 2 years ago and they were listed for CC and brought big money near $200 :P if I remember right. I've been thinking of putting them on something? :thumbs: not sure what? I think they would work with the 7" rims pretty good and maybe a 8.5" with the right backspacing.

100_1244.jpg

Kelly

Ok I resized the pic to measage board 640x480 why is it so big?

T-Mo

Kelly,

It looks okay on my screen. :thumbs:

As for the adapters, I'm not sure. :thumbs:

TT

Kelly,

So far I have found your dual adapters as being Toro/Lawn Boy related, but I'm still digging for the application. (has something to do with Gilson :thumbs: )

TT

Here's the best I can come up with.

Lawn Boy bought out Gilson (you, of all people should know that :thumbs: ) which is why that number traces to the Toro/Lawn Boy "realm".

Here's a "cut" from the M&D Mower Parts website with a P/N for what I assume to be wheel bolts? :thumbs: :

gilsonduals.jpg

I would say that they might be able to pinpoint where they were used -- if you are curious.

Here's a quick link to their site.

perry

they are for sure gilson. makers of the montgomery wards tractors.

gilson collectors club

one of my gilson/wards

misctractorpics019.jpg

Kelly

Perry I think you solved one of my other mystery parts I picked up at the junk yard. The wheel weights on that tractor look like a set I picked up, now I need to go out and look at mine. Are those Gilson weights?

perry

yes those are gilson weights.

i have them off laying on the floor if you need more pics.

Rollerman

Not to go off topic...but Perry what is that contraption on the front of your Gilson....a Tecumseh trash compacter. :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Stephen I was wondering the same thing, but I lead these things :thumbs: too often as it is :D Glad you took the initiative tonight :thumbs:

TT

That's the highly sought-after mother-in-law carrier used when mowing under low pine trees. :thumbs:

Just kidding. :D I was going to ask him about that too, but just plain forgot! :thumbs:

Greg B.

Now I don't feel so :imstupid:

Greg B.

kpinnc

Kelly those adapters sure look stout!

No danger in breaking those.

kevin

Nick

I was just looking for a picture and by chance found one of a Gilson with a FEL. This was at the 2004 Ashland Ohio show, I think it was a reginal for the VGTCOA. :thumbs:

th_ashland031.jpg

pond195520032003

yea, Perry what the heck is that :D:thumbs: Nick, that Gilson has a Kwik Way loader on it! nice looking tractor :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Nick thats a nice looking Gilson. A FEL is always a bonus too :thumbs: