Sign in to follow this  
joel_400

First pic!

joel_400

My C-101 puller!

101708205626.jpg

Jim_M

Nice job! It's a sharp looking tractor. I'm building a similar tractor right now.

Will they let you get by with the flywheel unguarded?

Suburban 550

Real nice puller. :thumbs:

joel_400

I pull various different places throughout nw ohio, the one club I pull with has an actual stock class 0-14 hp. The other places are more of a run whatcha brung just seperated into hp classes. So far nobody has said anything! Thanks!

Joel

whfan74

Excellent looking machine you have there! :thumbs:

I really like the silver and the diamond plate accents! Looks like a weekend of fun to me! :banghead:

rickv1957

Very nice looking tractor you have! :thumbs: Rick

ronscat

Joel,

Your tractor looks great - nice paint job.

I can't recommend at all that you run the kohler without a steel flywheel or a steel cover over the flywheel. We had a guy that pulled with our club that got seriously hurt with a cast flywheel that disintegrated. I put the pictures up of what happened to his tractor on Bill Marrison's pulling site. What happened to him was not good. Note that flywheel is right by your left foot!

I don't mean to alarm you but safety for every one should be a priority.

Ron

Stress Test Pullin

Joel,

Your tractor looks great - nice paint job.

I can't recommend at all that you run the kohler without a steel flywheel or a steel cover over the flywheel. We had a guy that pulled with our club that got seriously hurt with a cast flywheel that disintegrated. I put the pictures up of what happened to his tractor on Bill Marrison's pulling site. What happened to him was not good. Note that flywheel is right by your left foot!

I don't mean to alarm you but safety for every one should be a priority.

Ron

nice looking tractor! and the stock classes i pullin all run the stock fly wheels at 4000rpms, but i wouldnt go much higher than that just my 0.02 :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

Exploding flywheels can be a real problem, IF you've removed the governor.

Joel mentioned stock class, so I seriously doubt he's running ungoverned. Stock flywheels, unguarded, are perfectly safe at stock speeds. Otherwise, wouldn't all our tractors be unsafe to mow the yard with?

The screen missing makes it easy to get something up against the spinning fan blades though.......

Sparky

Good lookin puller. Make sure to get us some pics when its "hooked up" !

Mike...........

ronscat

Ok, I stand corrected about the "stock" classes. I wouldn't run ungoverned classes without steel there though.

Ron

chris11

Great looking tractor. :thumbs:

d180man

Hi very nice looking tractor!!! :thumbs: :banghead:

Deere Hunter

Exploding flywheels can be a real problem, IF you've removed the governor.

Joel mentioned stock class, so I seriously doubt he's running ungoverned.

Beleive it or not, over the past several years I have been to some pulls with questionable "stock" classes. Where the tractor had to be stock but they didn't care how many RPM's you turned. I just cringed and walked away when I seen a young boy about 10 years old going up the track. He was on a WH and it was turning about 7000 RPM with the stock cast flywheel :banghead: I just hope that people like that don't learn the hard way.

By the way. Thats one sharp looking puller :thumbs:

KeithB

Very nice work :thumbs:

Curmudgeon

A stock class running 7 grand isn't really stock, gotta agree with that. Also whole heartedly agree that speed means a steel flywheel.

Neglected to add before, it is a nice looking little puller! Interesting choice of contrasting colors.

joel_400

Thanks for all the input guys! It's nice to know that people can appreciate my work! My girlfriend kinda wonders about me! haha I only run 3600-3800 rpm as thats what a stock tractor is supposed to run! haha I've seen pics of a flywheel that came apart and that was enough to keep me from getting crazy with rpms! It would hurt real bad! I do have some pics somewhere of it hooked to the sled at a pull....if I find em I will get em posted soon.

Thanks again!

Joel

jimbotelho

:banghead: what a great looking machine you did a great job with the paint and accenting it with the aluminum sharp :thumbs: