Sign in to follow this  
rocking 416

The Right to disagree

rocking 416

How often do we really think about the freedom we have ? I, my self just take it for granted most of the time.

Recently I got on a thread about a opinion about the amount a tractor was worth .

It was for people with a particular viewpoint and whereas I agree with some aspects I don't agree with all of it.

So naturally they didn't agree with my viewpoint either.

It's a small thing but it got me to thinking of just how great that really is.

We each have the right to believe anything we want to.

We each have the right to disagree with someone else and they have the very same right to disagree with us.

Like I said, it seams like a small thing but to me its true freedom and the basic freedom that this country is built on .. the right to disagree.

A lot of people in other countries don't have even this small right. They have to believe what they are told to believe.

If they choose not to, then they do that at great risk. Sometimes even their life.

YUP! I always loved the Voltaire quote " "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" So suspend me Again "TT"

rocking 416

And further more " Moderators " should have A professional attitude.

Not act like pompous control freacks. But i guess i will be the bigger man and just admit i put stress on a structure that wasent up to code anyway. I mean to be suspended for giving my opinion about what a mans tractor was worth, was the most ignorant obtuse thing i ever had the displeasure of experienceing :thumbs:

chazm

Dude - :thumbs:

Glad to see you vented & got it off your mind

Move on

Chaz :banghead:

rocking 416

Hey chaz, What right is right dude. I stand up for what i i belive in. sorry i sound like a ranting jackass but hey i want to make sure i get my point across :thumbs:

TT

First of all, I do not have the power to suspend members on this forum.

Secondly, you are a member on a forum that does not belong to you. The moderators here were appointed to try to keep the place running smoothly and maintain some organization. We are representatives of the owner and have discussions about forum business in a private area. Those group decisions are what is implemented on this forum, not what one single person decides. (The administrators can over rule)

Lastly - Yes, you do have rights. The most important one you forgot appears to be "the right to remain silent".

All of your acts of disrespect that you sent directly to me via PM's on this forum were forwarded to the staff. Once reviewed, it was determined that you needed disciplinary action. You were suspended by an administrator - not me.

We also found your one-sided story at MTF. You remember -- the one where you cut down RedSquare? It looks as though they shut you down there too.

Now -- courtesy of your latest PM to me -- you will probably not have to worry about what happens or what is said on this forum.

Thank you for making an already lousy, no-paying job all that much more enjoyable!

This post is closed.