Sign in to follow this  
Nick

10" ag lotation tires

Nick

Saw some hard to find 10' bar tires on ebay, Terry had listed a link to the store. Now Ive never seen this tire design in 10" rims so if someone wanted a set you might want to ask first to be sure they are not for 8" rims.

10" tires

That should have been Flotation tires also. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

kpinnc

Looking at the size and format used on the size leads me to believe it's ATV tires....

10 inch wheels are fairly common on some ATVs.

IMHO anyway. :thumbs:

Kevin

combatmp29r

That is a good deal for them. I'm like you Nick, I've seen 21x11-8s but not 10s before. Even if they are 8s they're a good deal.

Nick

Kevin,

They might just be an import atv tire. Ive seen ags and knobbys in 10" just not in this style tread. Steiners and zero turns use something like this design in 8" and 12" rims.

Joel,

These tires are kind of wide but it cant hurt to keep them in mind for a new project.

Nick in ohio

combatmp29r

true the 21x 11-8s dig like crazy, so these would be good for something needing good traction. Tears up sod pretty easy though :thumbs:

Nick

Now Ive gone and started to think about tires. I see this seller has 6" ags for $18 a set. The Load Ranger could use new tires. :thumbs: Not sure 300 pound limit on the tire would be enough though. The tires I have now are rated higher I think and at times they get smashed flat. :thumbs:6" ags

Nick

TT

Now Ive gone and started to think about tires. I see this seller has 6" ags for $18 a set. The Load Ranger could use new tires. :thumbs: Not sure 300 pound limit on the tire would be enough though. The tires I have now are rated higher I think and at times they get smashed flat. :P6" ags

Nick

Could you take them to a heavy equipment tire shop and have them foam filled ? :thumbs:

(I really don't know if that would work on a small tire, but it might help support the extra weight -- at least they'd never go flat! :D )

combatmp29r

Yeah I'm looking at tires now too. Thats a good price on the 6" ags

I'm looking at some 23 x8.50 -12 skid steer tires on ebay. I keep thinking duals for the V18 would be useful. Or should I get some 10" ags for the V8s first? :thumbs:

TT

Kevin,

They might just be an import atv tire. Ive seen ags and knobbys in 10" just not in this style tread. Steiners and zero turns use something like this design in 8" and 12" rims.

The old Goodyear Rawhide I and Rawhide III's were quite popular back in my old 3 wheelin' days. :thumbs:

A lot of 6 wheelers had that same style tire (or at least a Chevron pattern) so they would have sufficent propulsion in the water. :thumbs: They were almost always for an 8" rim though.

Nick

Well once again my memory was wrong. Carlisle does sell these tires in 10". I was sure they only had them in 8 and 12. :thumbs:

TT

Well once again my memory was wrong. Carlisle does sell these tires in 10". I was sure they only had them in 8 and 12. :thumbs:

They're called "Power Track", aren't they ?

Nick

Terry,

yes this tread is power trac II but they have the 10" in the AT-101 design. That must be why I forgot they made them. I should have seen it because not long ago I looked into the At-101 24x12-12 for a tractor (not much taller than a 23-10.5 but wider). Also the gel or foam filled tire is a good idea. I had thought about it for the rear tires just to get weight plus the tires are so hard I could run them flat and wouldnt notice right away. Foam all around and the load Ranger would be ready for anything. :thumbs:

Nick

kpinnc

A lot of 6 wheelers had that same style tire (or at least a Chevron pattern) so they would have sufficent propulsion in the water.

I agree on the 22x11x8 on the most common size Terry, but 6x6 tires have much smaller, lower profile bars on them.

I think you're dead on correct on the Rawhides though.

Kevin

TT

I agree on the 22x11x8 on the most common size Terry, but 6x6 tires have much smaller, lower profile bars on them.

I think you're dead on correct on the Rawhides though.

Kevin

The Attex 6 wheeler that my cousin and I used to have had the old one-piece tire/wheel assemblies just like the early 70's Honda 90 3 wheelers. (22-11 X 3.5's with chevron tread)