Sign in to follow this  
jdwheelhorse

Gauges?

jdwheelhorse

Has anyone put a RPM or fuel level gauge on their tractor, one of which that doesnt have either of those. Im just throwing that question out there, I dont even know if you can put an RPM gauge on a lawn tractor :thumbs: just wondering if anyone has ever thought or actually done this.

dunk50

jd you can' put a tach on about anything that moves. check out the Tinytach. I have personally had good luck with them. Have them on my 60hp Merc. motor, 5K generator and 416-h. Here's the link http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php

AS far as fuel gauge. Depends on how handy you are but I would suggest looking for one that fits your fuel filler cap.

rocking 416

Ha i had a auto gauge 5 1/2 inch monster tach on my c81 with shift light it dident last long on there. i got broke and sold it :thumbs:

bitten

Some of the 520's had them even a vacume I think.

rickv1957

I have a Charger 10 with an aftermarket mini tach-hour meter,works great,Rick

Ken B

I also have a mini tach/hr gauge. Its good also for tuning purposes.

bork

I've been wanting one of those tiny tachs. Looks like they may have come down slightly in price. How much was shipping? Included in price?

Ken B

I bought mine from a toro dealer that had them in stock. I paid 45 bucks for mine.

Save Old Iron

JD,

a fuel gauge is no problem at all.

If you can get a gas tank with a sender in it, mount it to your tractor and then mount the fuel gauge, 3 wires will make it work - ground, power and sender.

It's a no brainier for the fuel gauge - I'll be glad to help you thru the wiring. I'm doing the same thing to my 416-8 right now but will be using an "idiot light" triggered by a home made circuit to turn the lite on with less then 10% fuel left in the tank.

Again, get the tank, sender and gauge in place and we will talk about the rest.

:thumbs: