Sign in to follow this  
jpmcleod

Ralley

jpmcleod

I had a person give me a small lawn tractor and I have no idea what make it is. It say's Ralley on the fender pay. It has an 11 HP B&S vertical shaft engine. The engine runs great but the tractor is in sad shape. It has the neatest hood and grill and I plan on trying to put it on one of my Craftmans 917's. I believe it might be a Sears but I can't find any kind of identification as to the maker. I definately will not spend any money restoring it as it has a lot of frame rust and the transaxel is froze up. Any identification help would be appreciated.

rocking 416

Sounds like a A M F dynamark. They made ralleys as far as tranny being locked up it may not be to hard for you to repair i am asuming its lawn tractor not garden going by 11hp engine The year has me scratching my head if you give me the numbers off the motor i should be able to come up with a year for ya i think your transmission should be square shaped 5 speed with reverse correct? those transmissions do not use fluid they use grease you can take it apart an try an clean everything an put new grease as long as nothing is broken it is a dirty job but i have made more then one of them work that way. worse part is geting wheels off the axles there usally froze

Jim_M

Sometimes the drive belt rusts to the pulley and makes you think the trans is stuck.

jpmcleod

I know you guys are going to laugh at me but it was too cold to mess with it last night. When I get home today I will try to get a number off the motor and get back. It was 27 degrees in Central Florida today. No snow though.

rocking 416

i hear ya its freezen in v.a. to cold to go out side to work on lawn mowers. Cant wait until i build my shop its going to have out door boiler heated floors back up mite even be waste oil. Figure get outdoor wood furnace that way the horses will get work out collecting fire wood

rickv1957

Never heard of a rally by sears,Rick

dscott2000

Do you have pictures of it? If so, :thumbs: Its always pretty cool to see something different!

jpmcleod

The engine was froze up, the mower deck in critical condition, the frame rails really rusty and the trans litterly stuck. I kept the hood and grile and junked the rest. It had a neet hood and grile and I put them on one of my 917's and it really look neat. Cut out the top of the dash panel on both and welded the topto the 917 panel so the hood looks a though it came on the tractor. I know they are not Wheel Horses but they save beating up my Wheel Horses in the grove.