Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

CARB HELP!

illinilefttackle

Good morning guys! I was plowing this morning and my tractor died again. I pushed it back to the garage-then it restarted after about 5 mins. Sounds like fuel to me. It coughs a couple times then quits. After restarting it has what I call a "lean" misfire-erratic-then I remembered I turned the high speed adjustment out about 1 turn over what I had it on in the summer-when I turned it in- it seems to slow a bit and stop the misfire. I couldn't run it very long because I had to get grandkids ready for school.

Does any of this make any sense? I never had a bit of trouble with this tractor until now, I hope it was just the jet setting-what do you think? Thanks-AL :thumbs:

nylyon

Pull the float bowl off and see if there's water in there. If there isn't you may have some plugged jets. Spray some cleaner in there really good, but check for water first. That's my guess.

illinilefttackle

No water! I guess that's a good thing-I sprayed the heck out of it with carb cleaner. I still think I had the main jet set wrong. But I think I was telling it backwards. I think it was set too rich-It ran fine while the engine was cold-but as soon as it got warm it flooded out. The proof will be tomorrow, we are supposed to get 4 inches more of snow tonight- The Ole' Girl and I will dance a bit tomorrow morning.

Oh yea-just a side note-This morning was the first time I plowed in the DARK! Those Wheel Horse head lights really work! And the lttle magnetic amber Strobe light I got from Harbor Freight really puts out the light!-AL :thumbs: