Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My new Black Hood

Sparky

Hey guys. Heres a pic of the latest tractor to make it to my place. I picked it up Saturday from Steve (Stevebo) which gave me a chance to talk to Steve who is a real nice guy with a great enthusiasm for these tractors. Also got to see some of his handiwork up close....very nice stuff.

So the tractor, well its a 1980 C-105 8speed with a K241 thats runs sweeeeet!

I'm thinkin I might try my hand at doing a "refresh" to this one. I say refresh cause nothing I do would qualify as a restore but will hopefully preserve this tractor.

For now it will sit in the green shed you see in the picture till warmer weather although I will take it out for a spin now and then.

1980C-105.jpg

Mike.......

chris11

very nice Mike, hey do you still have that black wheel horse?

KB9LOR

Nice Tractor! But why the "GREEN" shed? It needs to be "RED"! That is no place for a WH... :thumbs:

Sparky

Ncie Tractor! But why the "GREEN" shed? It needs to be "RED"! That is no place for a WH... :thumbs:

I thought about going red for the shed but when the leaves come out in the woods the geen kinda blends in better. Matches the shutters on the house too :banghead: .

Mike.......

Sparky

very nice Mike, hey do you still have that black wheel horse?

Yep, still got it Chris. Sitting right where you saw it last time you were here. E-mail me if you want as I dont have any sentimental value in it so its for sale if thats where your going :thumbs: .

Mike........

jusjeepn

Nice one! :thumbs:

Raider12puller

Nice black hood. Like those fender decals. Arent they for a 300 or 400 series :thumbs:

KB9LOR

Ncie Tractor! But why the "GREEN" shed? It needs to be "RED"! That is no place for a WH... :banghead:

I thought about going red for the shed but when the leaves come out in the woods the geen kinda blends in better. Matches the shutters on the house too :WRS: .

Mike.......

I see your point on that, but you could paint your shutters red to match the barn and your WH's! :thumbs:

Sparky

Nice black hood. Like those fender decals. Arent they for a 300 or 400 series :banghead:

These originally came with plastic fenders (bad idea :thumbs: ) and of course their allways busted up. Steve swapped out the busted plastic one for the 300-400 series fender you see on it now. I have 3 black hood tractors now and they all came with busted plastic fenders which were swapped out with 300-400 fenders.

Mike........

WHC-125

Nice looking blackhood Mike! I cant wait to see you start to "refresh" that horse :thumbs:

rickv1957

Tractor look great,like them blackhoods!,Rick

stevebo

Mike,

Great having you over to talk horses. You have yourself a very nice starting point to try your hand at a restore. That thing runs very nice and is all there to take your time and clean it up. I cannot wait to see that one with the 10.50's on the back and all cleaned up. Glad it went to a good home. Talk to you soon-

porkchop

:thumbs: I like it!!

JimD

that's a nice, straight lookin tractor Sparky, can't wait to see what ya do with it!

:thumbs:

Gerry w

Good looking horse there hoss!! :thumbs: How many does that make now?

Sparky

Good looking horse there hoss!! :thumbs: How many does that make now?

Actually Gerry I had at one time like 13-15(couldnt keep track), but I sold abunch off and only have 5 runners and 3 parts machines. Much easier to keep 5 maintained over 13 :banghead: . Not to mention trying to keep good batteries in em all!

Mike..........

Rollerman

Mike looks good.

Metal fender looks better on them than the plastic ones too.

Still waiting to find the right black hood for my collection.....one with a 19HP Kohler twin. :thumbs:

Ken B

Nice tractor eh. Gee, where have I seen that one before? All these black top deals flyin around lately is makin me want one! :thumbs:

Sparky

Nice tractor eh. Gee, where have I seen that one before? All these black top deals flyin around lately is makin me want one! :thumbs:

I'm tellin ya Ken, once you've cruised around on a black hood and stared out at that sexy hood with its wide look and long fins you'll never want another :banghead: !

I have 3 right now :WRS: .

Mike............

stevebo

Okay I want it back !! I have to say the rubber mounted motor and tight steering make this one a very likable tractor.

Rod(NASNUT)

I like the C's I have a 105 that is used for the mowing and love it :thumbs: Mine is a 1984 DSCF0010.jpg

DMESS

Once you go black you never go back! LOL. Nice rig Sparky.....that's PeeYaa tractor you know. Makes it more valuable!.

can whlvr

like them black hoods :thumbs:

KeithB

Nice Horse :thumbs:

mowerman1193

Nice tractor!! Seeing that makes me want to get mine finish up and put back together..Man I need heat out in the barn..I won't be doing much out there until spring, LOL