Sign in to follow this  
JimD

i dread it, but...

JimD

it's funny how things change when you get started, i really dread having to go out in the cold to plow the drive any more, not gettin any younger. i/ve plowed it six times in the last week and a half, 5 to 6" per time. then ext thing you know, you're out there in it, having a ball. i plowed really wide the first time to allow room for later snows. the B60 so far has done the job so well that i'm still able to keep it wide, actually into the yard about a blade width. here are a few pics...

1st, looking down the drive to the road..

snowplowingb60002.jpg

next, from the road towards the garage...

snowplowingb60005.jpg

the turn around...

snowplowingb60004.jpg

and the little red guy that just keeps kickin it...

snowplowingb60006.jpg

one more..snowplowingb60001.jpg

sorekiwi

Looks good Jim! That B-60 is earning it's keep!

Its been kinda weird here in NE Ohio, we havent really got hammered (yet!) but there's been a lot of little 6" smowfalls over the last week or so.

I've only used my blade once so far, the snows been very "blower friendly", so I've been trying to throw it a bit further away from the driveway. That freezing rain crap we had last week screwed things up a bit though, I have a pretty good sheet of ice down in there somewhere.

Gerry w

Nice pics Jim!

I'm still amazed at how well these little tractors do, it blows my mind! Your tractor will push that snow that distance, while most folks would get a truck with a plow. The difference between what was built and how it was made to what you buy today is sad.

Nice looking rig!! But for me, I'd still rather blow it and not worry about drifts, ever!

:thumbs:

whfan74

The cold sure does get to you but I know what you mean............get on that Horse and start moving things and the cold is an after thought!

Great pics! :thumbs:

Sparky

Nice pics Jim.

So whats the deal with the motor/gas tank? Is it still the original Kohler? And why's the tank where it is?

Mike.........

rickv1957

Nice pictures Jim,them little Bs are tough tractors,Rick

Cody

Nice pictures, thats one clean B60

HorseFixer

Looks good Jim! :banghead: Looks like Yer keepin the place tuned up! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Nice pictures, Jim. :WRS: I know how you feel, need a crow bar to pry me outside, and I won't come back in until it's done and I get that glass of Rock & Rye. :thumbs: There is a large part of me that has had enough snow this year, and a very small part that wants to do angels . :banghead: Still more fun then mowing grass. :wwp:

Suburban 550

Looks like you have the snow cleaned up pretty good, Jim. :banghead: Awesome little machine you have there. :thumbs: Like Steve said, I'd rather be out there plowin' snow rather than cuttin' grass. I guess we'll have to try the Rock and Rye to keep us warm. :WRS:

JimD

Sparky, that's not the original k161. e went though two of those over the years, then i found this k181 that had the tank mounted on top of the engine, it gravity fed the gas to the carb. so that i could mount the hood back on the tractor, i moved the tank to the outside of the hood. it still gravity feeds the carb. the engine may have been on a tiller or snow blower originally.

Cody, thanks for the compliment on the condition of it. that is the original paint, and still looks pretty decent. it's been kept inside it's entire life, but will need some freshening up soon.

Steve and Ray, make sure you don't get into that rock and rye till after the plowing is done... and don't tell Duke where ya hide it!! :thumbs:

d180man

Hi nice photos ! :banghead: just keep up with the snow ! :thumbs: :WRS:

jusjeepn

That is a nice B60, great job plowing! :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

Nice one :thumbs:

JimD

thanks for the comments guys! :thumbs: