Sign in to follow this  
Nick

New V plow video

Nick

If you have high speed internet and want to kill some time I just loaded up a new video. Cold outside so after plowing snow started playing with windows movie maker. :thumbs: Blade would work better if the rust was removed and then paint it but didnt get around to that yet. The tire chains are 4 link for some reason I said 2 link in the video credits. :thumbs: After it warms up have to do some tweaks and get it ready for next year.

Also just noticed that I had left the L off. Its a 520-Lxi.

V plow video

Nick in Ohio

Rollerman

Nick the links not working for me.... :thumbs:

nylyon

That's wierd, I saw the video by the link, now it isn't working.

Nick

Sorry about that it should work now. I did an edit on that post and for some reason that made the link stop working.

I tried a few toys on the movie maker this time. :thumbs: I also moved the camera up to the top quality setting so it wouldnt be so grainny.

Here it is again in case the other doesnt work.

520-Lxi v plow video

Nick in Ohio

Jim_M

I looks like it does a nice job. I like the idea of being able to move the wings forward to capture the snow and keep it from rolling off the side of the blade.

Rollerman

Nick thats a great video! :thumbs:

I kept thinking ..man he's gonna hit the camera...seen it shake a bit then at the end blue sky. :thumbs:

Looks like the 520 LXI does a good job...the foot control has got to be slick!

69DEZ

Nick..... you da MAN!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Greg B.

Great video, Nick. That blade really works nice.

Greg B.

combatmp29r

Very nice Nick :thumbs: That V plow works really well. I like the forward V set up too. May have to add that to the long list of projects :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Looks like it works great. Nice vid, too !!

Thanks for sharing it.

Nick

Thanks for the comments. The blade has worked out ok and with a few improvements might do even better. So far it stays swept forward 99% of the time. It does a good job cleaning an area quickly. The real test will be if we ever get more than 4 or 5" of snow at one time. In deap snow or in a larger area I might need to try it in the straight or angled positions. Might need some rear weights on the tractor before that big snow.

Strange thing today was that I tried to load this video on youtube and after waiting a long while it didnt work so I went to Photobucket. Now I see the video is on youtube and has 14 views. :thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnAXj8mjpA

Nick in Ohio

Stigian

Now why didnt i build one of those :thumbs:

Thats a cool vid Nick, the plow works really well :D

Hats off too for the brave camera that risked life and lens in the call of WH filming duty :thumbs: :P

MaineDad

Nick,

Great video! Looked like you had fun. One suggestion; put a marker on that well so you don't hit it when the snow is deep. That would not be a fun fix.

Thanks for the video...

T-Mo

Yeah, I thought for sure that the well was going to be a casualty. :D It looks like there at the end that Nick will be needing a new camera also. :thumbs:

Real nice video, and it looks like that 520LXI does an excellent job with that plow. :thumbs:

WheelHorse_of_course

Weird, photo bucket videos do not work for me. But the youtube video did!

Very nice.

Does it have trip springs? Without them it could be dangerous!

Nick

Micah and Terry,

The well is in a bit of a precarious spot. I come close to it a few times again the other day and a few didnt make the video. The plan was to build a wishing well type thing over it but that has been on the list since the new well went in over 6 years ago. :thumbs:

Ian,

The camera is tough like a Wheel Horse, it holds up. :thumbs:

The blade has trip springs but they dont do much when the blade is set forward. My old Steiner tractor had a solid mounted 54" blade that I built for it but they also run about 10 mph! Only bounced off the wheel a few times. :D

Craig Arndt

That was a great video, I really enjoyed it. Pushing snow is a good time, as long as there is a place to put it. :thumbs: