Sign in to follow this  
KeithB

8 speed dissembly pics?

KeithB

has anyone but a pic by pic guide to dissembly and reassembly of a 8 speed tranny?

Thanks

pfrederi

The transmission manual you can download from Toro has pictures....

Duff

Paul's right, but the photo quality on the download is pretty poor - useful, but not great. What I'd suggest is taking your own photos as you tear the tranny down - and take plenty of 'em. Then when you go to reassemble you have reference points.

When I did my tranny rebuild, the one thing I really regret is not having taken "live" photos from the same angles as those in the tranny manual. :thumbs: I got it back together OK (I think :WRS: - haven't remounted the engine yet but everything seems to shift and work OK) by following the written instructions and ciphering the pix in the manual.

Good luck!

Duff :banghead:

KeithB

thanks guys, the manual is good

buckeyebill440

Mike, great job with the manuals on the other site. I downloaded that tranny manual and a C series RM, both are great quality! Keep up the good work.

MikesRJ

Trying the best we can .... thanks for the compliments.

Duff

Wow, Mike! The manual in your thread is a whole lot clearer than the one I've got! Thanks! :banghead:

Duff :thumbs:

MikesRJ

Duff,

That manual is a perfect example of why the MWH site needs people to scan their manuals and send the scanned pictures to us. That copy was a donation.

We have some pretty neat software applications which can clean and correct a lot of the image junk and background scatter (artifacts), and still make the manual a reasonable size to download (image quality and clarity of text). Many of the manuals on the MWH site now are better quality than you'll find on the OEM's site. Some also look like cp, but we're cleaning those up as well. It just takes a while to work through it all.

Scanning excellent quality documents is relatively easy if a few common and easy practices are followed: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/modules.php?na...=viewtopic&t=88

Glad to hear you like the work. Much appreciated. :thumbs:

nylyon

I'll have to find it, but there was a movie made from one of the Wheel Horse shows where Bill Pearson rebuilt an 8-speed showing the details as he went along. I cut a copy of it, and thought that I put it on-line, but I didn't. It may be on another computer, have to look.