Wheelbearing

1991 520-H

rickv1957

Tractor looks like a new one! :D Rick

Shuboxlover

I would like to do the pedal conversion also.....

Looks great in your yard....but i'd look WAAAAAAAAAY better in mine :D:USA::wh:

Simply marvelous!!!!!!!! :D

AMC RULES

I really admire your attention to detail and craftmanship on your 520. You definitely set the bar pretty high with this one. When will the pedal conversion set up be available for purchase? :thumbs: FWIW, I'm willing to pay for one up front. Also, could you provide a link to the HF seat you've used here. :)

Forest Road

Absolutely beautiful job! I'll second that on the pedal conversion! I only see one minor problem w/ them, I have a size 14 foot. Could I use them???

Is that the original parking brake knob? I had to destroy mine to get the sheet metal off and haven't been able to find a replacement. Do you know where I might locate one?

Great job!!!

Kevin

AMC RULES

Hey Wheelbearing, can you confirm that this is the correct contact info for the plater that you used? Looks like they do great work at a great price too.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmb4qj5/bass-plating-co

http://www.manta.com/cmap/mmb4qj5/bass-plating-co

Forest Road

Hey Wheelbearing, can you confirm that this is the correct contact info for the plater that you used? Looks like they do great work at a great price too.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmb4qj5/bass-plating-co

http://www.manta.com/cmap/mmb4qj5/bass-plating-co

AMC if you order a batch of nuts and bolts would you consider splitting it to save $$$$$$$$? Let me know.

JimD

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread along with everyone else. You did so much more than restore this tractor. A truly astonishing job. You are a restorer, machinist, fabricator, welder, and who knows what else. Heck, even S.O.I. said it is "amazing". :)

Thanks for the quality entertainment. :thumbs:

C-160 Tractor

Wow you did an excellent job on this tractor!

Way to go.

:ychain:

Operator

You found it huh?

Great job isn't it!

Randy

Wheelbearing

thanks guys

dwcphoto

Great project. Thanks for posting the photos. The shot of the linkage just might help me get my tractor together. Not a restoration, but switching rear ends. Thanks, dwc

gomer gump

nice job on the hood stand , my one 520 h that im rebuild n now the hood stand was rusted to bad to save so i looked to toro to buy new one guess what not selling them for the 520 but you can buy a 315-8 hood stand part no106-9948-03 for about 112 $ surprisingly toro sells the same exact hood stand for 200$ on the 312 , an 416 models why?????? good question anyway cut the 315-8 hood stand by the top 2 side panels and wah laaaa instant 520 h or 520-8 hoodstand ready to go done 3 tractors like this it works really nice , if you ever run into this problem try it noticed you cut the lift lever to get it off had same trouble with mine so i got out my accy torch got the lift lever cherry red hot then sprayed it with p b blaster while hot smoked an stunk like hell but after doing this twice pin came right out with sledge hammer after cleaning it all up useing it again now . not the smartest thing to do but saved all the parts not sure why it worked a friend told me to try this worked also i ve rebuilt many 520,s and never had to use a puller to get the steering wheel off yours must a been a bear good job on the muffler but don,t care for diamond plate but very good job on it looks great man keep on fab n

Cole

one very fine piece of art, i bet your neighbors are jealous of how nice it looks, better than their john deers. :ychain:

rickk

Thru a series of events, the magical muffler is now on my '93 520H that I have had since it was new.

imgp0900.jpg

Does this mean I need to wash all the crud off the rest of the 520 and wax it?

Rick K.

• Like 1