Sign in to follow this  
TT

1980 D-200 CRAWLER / DOZER !

Yet another masterpiece from the master of ms paint :thumbs:

Nice one Terry :thumbs:

Terry That shows alot of creativity on your part. Nice looking crawler, Sharp Great idea John

:thumbs: Hi vere nice job i will take one! :whistle::whistle: :dunno:

Can I order one with rubber tracks? :thumbs:

TT you design it, Bob with the articulated can build it.

A new company is in the works :whistle:

Randy

D-200crawlerA1.jpg

I like the idea, would solve the problem of traction in the wintertime, but one thing worries me if this was to ever make it to production: that mounting point for the lifting cylinder for the blade-arm. I'm just looking at it from a logical point of view, but just in case someone ever decides to take your idea and make one of these, just for kicks and giggles, wouldn't you want him to have a solid design to work from?

Where you have it mounted on the 1/4"(thick) x 4"(wide) shroud section, wouldn't that just get ripped clean off the tractor, and be sent rocketing to the"hot place" if you ever tried to raise the dozer blade? It looks nice mounted there (on the drawing), but I don't believe that piece is up to handling the stress the lift cylinder will put on it. Would it be possible to move it to the frame of the tractor, just behind the grille and it's hoop/shroud? I know my D-180's grille area isn't all that strong, and the D-200 is basically a D-180 with a 20 hp engine. It definitely isn't built for that line of work!!!

The over-all design is good, just needs a re-vamp on that one area. I love the idea, really!

Randy- sorry I will have to pass on that build. I been there - was gonna try it- and did this instead-

54DSCF2447.jpg

60DSCF2490.jpg

56DSCF2449.jpg

After I did the KittyTrack conversion- I wish I hadn't of, but I did save all the original sheetmetal. I only did it so the D-200 4x4 would have a show partner.The crawler was passed onto Tickster and has since changed hands a couple times.

Terrys pic is awesome- it would be neat to see one well built like that- maybe someone will muster up the ambition!

I'll bet Terry is taking notes on all our input for the first prototype :thumbs:

Randy

As far as the blade lifting cylinder mount goes, it's only a drawing -- but the inside of the grill "shell" could be reinforced with suitable steel that attaches to the frame.

As far as the notes for the prototype go.....

The only way a D series will ever be here is if it belongs to someone else who's visiting. :whistle: Those things just aren't "my cup of tea". :thumbs:

Bob you are amazing with your work! Sgt. Bob told me that if I'm ever in your area I should stop in , That you have a lot of interesting projects.

Thanks Bob :thumbs:

As far as the blade lifting cylinder mount goes, it's only a drawing -- but the inside of the grill "shell" could be reinforced with suitable steel that attaches to the frame.

As far as the notes for the prototype go.....

The only way a D series will ever be here is if it belongs to someone else who's visiting. :whistle: Those things just aren't "my cup of tea". :thumbs:

I realize it is just a drawing, a downright realistic-looking one from computer-land, and I'm sorry if I seemed to be nit-picky. I was trained by my Father to be critical-minded...in ALMOST everything....but Women! Should have listened to the ol' boy on that one! But I digress.

I was just looking at the drawing with a "realistic eye" more than the "enjoyment-of-fine-computer-skills eye". In reality, I wish I had the money and knew of a possible D-series frame and engine that I could put to "use" and make the REAL McCoy...just like your drawing, but with my little tweak with the lift cylinder location. Maybe use the mid-lift set-up like the actual Wheel Horse snow/dirt/stone plows, but use your dozer's connecting points on the outside of the rear tread-gears. I would definitely keep your blade-tilt cylinders and their mounting locations.

I applaud your talent with the MS Paint program. I wish I could "paint" like you! Who knows, maybe you could supplement your regular job's pay just by drawing/designing things such as your D-200 Dozer. Keep these drawings/computer-generated Picassos. Remember: There's a sucker born every minute, sometimes more than one sucker!s (i.e.: eBay-cruisers) If you get some time before the next Wheel Horse show, print off a few of these, frame them, and see what people will pay for your drawings/"paint"ings. If I had the money, I'd offer you $10, at least, just for that D-200 Dozer print. I'm fairly sure where there is one sucker (me), there are probably a few hundred others out there waiting to be relieved of some hard-earned cash. What say you?

Sign in to follow this