TheGoodSon

Walbro LME 29 replacement?

TheGoodSon

Hi, gang.

I just signed in, did my intro, did some searching, and now on to the questions.

I'm trying to repair/replace the carb on my father-in-laws WH Raider 10, and have all but crapped out. I've researched and found, as far as I can tell, that the original carb is all but extinct.

I'll give you some of what I know, and hopefully you can guide me down the right path -

The tractor is a Raider 10, Model 1-6041. The engine is a Tecumseh HH100-1150958, with a Walbro LME 29(?) carb.

The throttle rod is worn, which has scored the carb body-a little, and the intake flange is warped-a little. The bowl purge pin was replaced with a screw, and the bowl gasket is worn.

If I can get all that fixed, I bet it'll run well enough to find out what else it needs.

Sorry for the long first post, but hopefully it's enough to get some questions answered.

Thanks for your time,

Dusty

Crazywheelhorseman

the lauson carb that is on the tecumseh can be replaced with a carter model n carb found on 6-8 hp kohlers. i ran into this same issue on an hh100 in a sears custom10 best of luck on getting your raider back up and running -Wayne and i can't forget to say :thumbs:

chazm

Hello & :WRS:

Had same problem with my Raider 10 - Throttle shaft & rebuild kits are avalible.

Ck out Jacks Small Eng. , RCPW, for parts

Good luck :thumbs:

:banghead:

MikesRJ

:thumbs:

I believe I have a spare Carter N 20 or 22 laying around. PM me if interested.

fabricator2009

:thumbs: Ken in Mentone In.

TheGoodSon

Thanks, guys!

I'll look into the Carters and see what I come up with. I have this idea that I can fix this carb, but I'll have to do cost comparison between rebuilt and replaced.

He didn't pay much for the tractor, so figuring which is more cost and time effective is the key.

Have any of you dealt with Pat's Small Engine? They have a Tec631304B (# from memory?) for around $90 shipped.

Thanks,

clintonnut

I have an LME carb that was brand new I used it once.

Interested?

Charlie