Sign in to follow this  
hoosier

I know this guy who.....

hoosier

Has'nt rebuilt a Kohler in 15 years. He's been fortunate to get runners, or easily fixed runners. He and his son, whom Dad was glad son was interested in this endeavor for the first time, took an engine apart. All the necessary machine work has been done. Said Dad was negligent in obtaining necessary parts in a timely manner. Six months later Dad not sure he can put it back together properly. :thumbs: Is there any step by step written instructions a fellow might print off for this? Thanks

hoosier

Thanks Buzz. I'll let them know. Wink Wink. Is there a smiley for that? Maybe this one. :thumbs:

hoosier

Okay, it's me :thumbs: But you knew that. :D I went to the Kohler site and the prospect of downloading a 137 page manual with a dial-up connection seems a little daunting. Not to mention printing it. There is not one currently on Ebay that I can find. Any other ideas? I just today received the part I needed and would like to start assembly. I see JDTerry puts one together and has it running in hours :thumbs: I envy that. Thanks, guys

Buzz

Try calling the small engine dealers in your area that stock Kohler parts and see if they have that manual for sale. It might not be as expensive as buying one on ebay.

hoosier

Thanks, Buzz. It's hard to find anyone around here anymore that works on small engines. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I remember a few shops near that are no longer in bizz. My best bet might be Carquest. They at least carry some basic Kohler needs. Jim

TT

Did you try your local public library? (if you have one :thumbs: )

hoosier

You're serious right??? I never thought about that. I can't imagine my towns library to have such info. Maybe the library card will come in handy. Big thanks,Terry

TT

They might not have the OEM book, but there's a few other books out (similar to Chilton or Clymer) for small engines. My local library has several.

kpinnc

Our local library has high speed internet too.

Kevin

TT

Our local library has high speed internet too.

Kevin

And yet another good service for the taxpayers! :thumbs:

I'm not sure if you can print anything out at our library though -- especially a 137 page manual! :thumbs: