clintonnut

Project: Bada** Puller!

Gerry w

This thing isn't the same tractor I hauled down to you.........WOW!! I've been more then happy to help, those rims were rough but I knew you would have no trouble making them shine again. Impressive post Charlie, and I'd love to take you up on the offer of driving it someday!!

clintonnut

Gerry,

Here's your rims all cleaned up! Can't wait to mount them!

HPIM3219.jpg

Charlie

Gerry w

:omg: Those cant be the same rims!!! WOW!!! nice job Charlie!

clintonnut

I didn't get any pictures (I know they are worth a thousand words) So heres a bunch of words.

Engine: Ready to be assembled (still need .003 rings)

Transmission: 8 pinion diff installed, assembled and mounted back on frame so I could continue mock up. Still waiting on hubs from pond19552003

Steering: Steering box mounted with modified bracket

Body: Got fenders from Kelly (Thank You!) mocked them up on tractor looks awesome. Got metal to make weight box. Cut tube out of frame that used to support the original fenders. Will add a foot rest bar to mount pedal on and to support C series footrests.

Sandblast on thursday, paint friday. Simple as that. Assemble next week to get done on May 15th! (hopefully)

Pictures to come!

Charlie

TT

Sandblast on thursday, paint friday. Simple as that. Assemble next week to get done on May 15th! (hopefully)

Forgive me for asking, but - with the extensive modifications you are doing to make this a puller - wouldn't you think it would be wise to put this tractor completely together and try it out before you worry about blasting and painting?

clintonnut

TT, I've torn this tractor completly apart and put it back together 3 times to make sure everything works. This job isn't nearly as hard as my dad and I scratch building a sandrail.

We know what we are doing :D

Charlie

TT

So..... how far did it pull the sled?

clintonnut

This thing hasn't even moved under its own power yet but this is the third puller I've built and I mainly make sure there isn't any rubbing and binding when I test parts out. I haven't run into anything that hard yet but it requires a lot of mock ups and tear downs. The tractor was completely disassembled and now it is back together for fabrication of the weight box. I am also creating a custom drive assembly for it. It will have a hand clutch that works separate from the brake.

Here's what's left to do for fabrication:

Weight box, tie rods, hitch, clutch linkage and brake linkage, grille shell and fuel tank brackets.

Gerry w

Having seen your and your Dads' work up close and in person I have no doubt your rig will kick a$$ when it's time comes. Can't wait to see the finished product. We are all "pulling" for you! :D

rickv1957

Charlie,no doubt the your puller will kick some a$$ when completed! :D Rick

chris11

Charlie keep up the great work. lets see more pictures :D

josh416

hey i came up with a name for it when its done......... how about COW PLOP cause that goes with the tractor perfectley :D

Gerry w

Any "new" news Charlie??? :D

VinsRJ

:D !!!!!!!!!!

clintonnut

I've been busy lately and it is held up until I get hubs.

Charlie

clintonnut

Finally got around to working on this brute today. I washed the engine block 3 times and went through it with an air hose until it was clean of any sand and dirt from the sandblasting. First I put the valves in then everything else followed. Got the short block assembled and it looks great and turns over nicely. I have to thank Josh 416 for most of the parts. Out of trading I got a magnum piston(almost better than billet pistons), camshaft, magnum connecting rod(same as 16hp rod but it is thicker), and rings.

HPIM3254.jpg

HPIM3253.jpg

HPIM3252.jpg

HPIM3256.jpg

HPIM3255.jpg

As for the tractor we are almost done constructing the weight box and I decided to give you a couple pictures of what the tractor looks like with the big ag tires.

Enjoy!

Charlie

chris11

Charlie looks great, nice job on the engine. keep up the great work man. :D

clintonnut

Well, the pace has picked up. The frame is almost done modification, the weight box is done, fenders mounted, tie rod made and engine ready for paint!

Block ready for paint:

HPIM3268.jpg

Mock up pics. This is probably the 10th mockup we've done of this tractor to make sure everything is right.

HPIM3267.jpg

HPIM3266.jpg

HPIM3264.jpg

HPIM3265.jpg

HPIM3272.jpg

BTW we bought hubs off ebay so we could roll it around!

Charlie

rickv1957

Tractor looks mean!,tires also look great, :D Rick

chris11

Are you going to sand blast the parts?Looking good. those rear fenders Case ??

clintonnut

Yes everything will be sandblasted. We just don't like bare metal lying around if it isn't painted right away.

Those are GT-14 fenders from Kelly.

Charlie

VinsRJ

Charlie, is this baby going to make it to the show?

• Like 1

clintonnut

YOUBETCHA!!!

clintonnut

Well sprayed some red today!

HPIM3275.jpg

HPIM3276.jpg

Very little is left to do and two weeks from now it should be done! All that's left to do is sanblast the frame and hood with the fenders and weight box and do a couple other minor things!

Charlie

chris11

Wow you are flying. cant wait to see it done. wish mine was getting paint now.