Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Snow Blowin Video

HorseFixer

I got MJ a New Digital Video Camera for X-mas so she had to try it out. Since Ray and Steve have been heckling me about the lack of snow we have got so far I had to make them this video! :banghead: We Really Got Hammered! :thumbs:

I reposted the video after some editing, 12/29/09 at 2:40 p.m.

Winter Storm Blizzard In S/W Michigan

chazm

Well Duke glad to see you got to play with your new toy :WRS:

Now all you need is some real DEEP snow to see how she goes.

Have fun & don't let the Captain bite ya :thumbs:

:banghead:

bk-scouter

Duke, glad to see all your hard work has paid off. You look pretty warm in that cab of yours. :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing your video !!

-BK

Confused99

Glad to see you got SOME seat time. Better than nothing. I still have my fingers cossed for you.

Jason

MikesRJ

Nothing I like better than delusions of grandeur :banghead: and political commentary on the neighbors!

Good work Duke. :thumbs:

JimD

looks like she's gonna do a great job for ya duke! can't wait to see a night video with all those lights on. :thumbs:

tgranthamfd

Nice very nice, execelent video. :thumbs::banghead: What software did you use for your editing? Glad it finally snowed for ya.

wh500special

Every once in a while I catch a flash of light that is either your grin or from the strobe...kind of hard to tell.

The video makes it look like your strobe only flashes every once in a while...is that how it runs in "real life" or was this some kind of wierd framing/flash synchronization that hides most of them?

Steve

stevasaurus

An excellent video there Duke & MJ...very entertaining. I did a Hooby-Dooby tennis shoes and no socks dance so you would get some snow. Looks like I need to do another one a little longer. I almost blew the snow on my driveway into the back of my truck, so I could bring it over for you to play with. :thumbs:

One suggestion...if the snow is only that deep next time...blow it all down to the end of your driveway, and see how the horse does with 3 inches of the white stuff. :WRS: ROCK & RYE buddy. :banghead:

Gerry w

Dang! I could surf those waves!!!

Glad to see you kept your "shirt" on!! Can't wait to see you tackle some deep stuff! Great video, thanks Duke!

Curmudgeon

Hey, what's this crack about shirts staying on???

Where's da fun in dat????

Seriously, a 7 minute video? :thumbs:

So, even though you don't have the snow to put the blower to the test, it's gotta be cold. How's the heater working out? Worth it? Over kill? Not kill enough?

rickv1957

Nice video doing your thing! :thumbs: Rick

Save Old Iron

I should move to Michigan if that's what qualifies as a snow storm.

No offense man, but last time we got THAT MUCH snow in upstate NY, I sent my youngest daughter out with a leaf blower to clear off the driveway. Sorry guys, I forgot to make a movie - but next time I will.

So with the "Pie for Plowing" program in still in effect, I did give my daughter $10 to down load a few ITunes for her reward.

Save_old_iron......3

Old_man_winter...0

Neighbors............well fed and happy.

Movie is well done. Keep them coming !!

TJ

Nice video but I think you need a new project. You have way to much spare time on your hands. :thumbs:

Tom

Sparky

Ummm, Duke, did you use the tractor/blower cause you coudnt find the kitchen broom to sweep it off the driveway :thumbs: ?

Great video and the tractor/blower combo looks great!

Mike..........

Operator

Looking good Duke! :thumbs:

Like Dale said - how does the heater work?

wallfish

What about the neighbor broad who needs a man??

:thumbs:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys! :banghead: I Think! B)

wh500special ~ Steve The light flashes like crazy, it must be a camera lense timing Issue Kinda like seeing lines on a tv with a Video camera! Something Funky :lol: Thats one of the first things I noticed when I watched the movie.

stevasaurus ~ Steve was good talking to you and Ray on the phone the other night. The snow will be here prolly in Jan thats when we get the big ones normally!

Confused99 ~ Thanks Jason!

tgranthamfd ~ I use pinnicle to convert files and edit clips and then use Roxio Creator 10 to splice clips and tansitions together.

Gerry w ~ Nope I dont wanna loose my shirt! Ive lost my mind and eveything else! :hide:

thirdroc17 ~ Dale MJ said its a Damn good thing you dont live closer.... She said what you wouldnt think of, I would, and we would both get in alot of trouble! :lol:

save_old_iron ~ Chuck your not seriouse right? :thumbs: The video was meant as a Joke mainly laughing at myself with no snow. I too have seen snowstorms 7' with 14' drifts. The video was also kind of a Indication of how the tractor performed, Actually I think it does a good job on that small amount of snow.

TJ ~ Tom If you haven't figured by now that I cant sit still and need to be doing something..... Well there is still alot I want to do, Build a FEL, Snow Plow Machine Hydraulic left, right, up dwn with cab and heater lights. And about 12 more on deck for a restore. To much time you say? I dont think I have enough!

Sparky ~ Mike :WRS: as I mentioned I think it does a good job with that little of snow! I raised the Skids a 1/4" now Im a 1/4" off the deck. I better not go much more cause my drive has sections that are uneven and I dont want to muck it up. It does shave it closer now tho and actually I like a little snow on the drive with the chain pattern gives the feet some traction.

Operator ~ Rand heater work great! About 1/2 way thru the video I looked down at the Indoor outdoor thermometer and it was 19 deg out and 61 deg in the cab with heater full blast. All & All It was very comfy.

wallfish ~ :wwp: pictures later :D

Fan ~ Thanks Jim Ck This Link out! The PTO was slipping really bad in this video, And was my first go at working the tractor but it does give a good indication of how the lights work. Steve WH500SPCL look at the strobe in this Video! This is how it really looks like was done with different Camera.

Click Here Night Video

Curmudgeon

Duke, MJ isn't the first to say something about me not living closer...... I'll take that as a compliment every time!

Rideawaysenior

Duke,

Are those LED lights you have on the top? They have the bluish hue to them similar to the ones I setup on the front and rear of my cab. Also, I have another question. I have a similar setup and run a 12v electric heater that I picked up from Northern Tool. It after a while draws so much amperage from the battery that if I don't let the tractor run for a bit after shutting down the heater, there is not enough juice to start it back up. Do you find yours acting the same way? The charging system is 15amp, and when I turn on the heater, you seen the amp needle jump to the top of the gauge.

Jack

Gene_S

Duke,

Thats just really cool... No other words... :thumbs:

Gene

HorseFixer

Duke,

Are those LED lights you have on the top? They have the bluish hue to them similar to the ones I setup on the front and rear of my cab. Also, I have another question. I have a similar setup and run a 12v electric heater that I picked up from Northern Tool. It after a while draws so much amperage from the battery that if I don't let the tractor run for a bit after shutting down the heater, there is not enough juice to start it back up. Do you find yours acting the same way? The charging system is 15amp, and when I turn on the heater, you seen the amp needle jump to the top of the gauge.

Jack

Thanks Gene! :thumbs:

Jack, below is the link to the modifications I did to build my Snow Machine. I dont know if you have been following my progress but this thread should answer most questions. :banghead:

Building The Snow Machine

Jack no I dont have any problems because Of the precautions I took and modifications I did on the lights. Read thru and if you have any questions On how I did anything just ask.

Duke

Suburban 550

Duke, looks like MJ is going to make it big time as a producer. :WRS: The only thing missing from the video is the REO Speedwagon song "Ridin' the Storm Out". :wwp: You as a snowblower operator, you are coming along great since the last dusting of snow. :banghead: On the serious side, your machine looks great and I think it will get the job done for you. :thumbs:

christopherX

Maybe he should have blown all the snow he could find onto his driveway and then cleared it... :thumbs: ...heh. That would have been much more dramatic. :banghead:

chris