Sign in to follow this  
N1GHT0WL

Hey all!...WH fan from NC

WHC-125

Jason :thumbs:

jpmcleod

Jason. Better be looking for the second Wheel Horse if the girlfriend gets involced. It's addictive. My wife got involved and now I have 4 Wheel Tractors and looking for more.

I have a C-120 that I have had for over 15 years and I bought it used. I use two mowers on my property and it has outlasted two other tractors and has cost less to maintain.

I kinda love it when others say they wish they had a good looking tractor like my old Wheel Horse. There is something about sitting in the seat and looking down that long metal hood. Beats the hell out of the plastic hoods and fenders on my other tractors of another brand.

Let the girlfriend sit on the seat and feel the comfort and prode of ownership. You will be searchibng the web for her one. Just in case she does, my wife loves the smallness of the 312-8 and the Commando. Her legs reach the pedals better.

Good luck with the restore. I love ny Wheel Horses. I ony wish I had started at a younger age.

W9JAB
Matorhorse002-1-1.jpg

Save Old Iron

:thumbs: Jason

Mator horse cracks me up everytime !!

Brrly1

:thumbs:

dclarke

:thumbs: these guys are right, these things really are addictive. good luck!

N1GHT0WL

***BUMP***

Long overdue fellas...

Well after a year of sidetracks and setbacks, mostly with house-related projects, I have finally started tearing into the C-141. Some initial pics...

Not really sure what I am doing or how much I want to invest, but I figure that I will at minimum do a full repaint and engine rebuild. The tranny seems solid and was actually replaced in '84 according to my dad. No idea how many hours might be on the engine, but a rough estimate would be 1200 hours. Last time this thing ran reguarly was summer of '99 and she quit in a cloud of smoke! I had a '92 316-8 to use, so at the time no point in restoring it then. Not to mention I was a long-haired punk back then with other priorities! haha.

So after sitting in a barn and encased in pigeon poo for 10 years, the deck is very rough... If you look close at the 2nd pic, you can see "daylight" in a couple spots, lol. It's probably beyond repair, but we'll see when I get to that point.

WH1.jpg

WH2.jpg

Thanks!

snookman1

:wh: :D :thumbs:

SALTYWRIGHT

varosd

Don V

JC 1965

:D Hello and :wh: You'll like it here. :thumbs:

WH854

:wh: :thumbs:

Chas

sgtsampay

dmoore

:wh: Like oldnred said....these tractors are worth restoring! And the best part is you can still find a lot of the parts you will need for that 78......there are others but this site is easy to use and has a great parts finder program that can help you locate any part you will need with in most cases the original factory drawings! www.mowparts.com ....I have been using them lately and I am very pleased with the prices..Do your own checking with a Toro dealer then check these guys out...they are in Texas I believe...If all else fails I'm sure the fellows here will be able to help! Dave in Virginia :thumbs:

can whlvr

thats a nice tractor to restore,as far as $,as allready said,its up to you,i just about finished a 1978c101,a little brother to your c141,i have atleast 800 dollars(yes had to do engine) and i still have to get rubber,but its worth every penny,this tractor is going to last 50 or more years from now so thats pretty good

W9JAB
Matorhorse002-1-1.jpg