Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

Snow In Oklahoma

tgranthamfd

What the heck is this white stuff? To the best of my knowlege we just got the biggest amount of snowfall here in south central Oklahoma since around 1987ish. Guess it is a very good thing that I have the wheel weights and the snow blade on the 74 C 160-8, and a day to play although it is Christmas, but I think everyone that was comming over is kinda snowed in. I tried to get out to a friends house that is about 5 miles out in the country, not happening. I met up with a couple of guys that had brought out a mid sized 4 wheel drive tractor with a bucket, I had to help dig it out once, they were cutting through 4ft snow drifts and was still about 2 miles from my destination, decided not to chance it and came back to the house to get a good nights rest for tomorrow's plowing festivities. I think everyone in this part of the country forgot how to drive in the snow, it took me 2hrs to get home from work and it is only 13 miles and with 2 extra stops added in. Enough rambeling, you want a couple of pictures?? Maybe I can get a couple up of some Christmas plowing, after a couple of presents.

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

I think I am going to like this stuff. P.S. I was a year out of high school the last time we got anything like this. :notworthy:

rickv1957

looks like a blizzard!!!,Rick

Sparky

Well have a blast plowin it! Clearing my driveway is the best seat time I get in the winter :notworthy: .

Mike.........

bdanie7

I was supposed to meet someone from Tuttle OK. in Rolla Mo. yesterday. That didnt happen. I decided it wasnt worth the risk of dring into tha mess. :notworthy:

Prater

I could not make it to my drive with my WH. No snow chains, could not get traction on the layer of ice underneath the snow. I hate this stuff.

Daddy Don

It took me 4hrs to use a shovel to clean my drive. I do not have a blade but I may be getting in the mood to buy one and also a set of chains.

Got the tri-ribs in yesterday for my c111. Got them from Miller thanks for the information. I can't believe UPS delivered them. I have the 10.5 ags already mounted on the tractor waiting on the engine.

gwgdog66

Don,

It took me about 4 hrs this afternoon too, with a shovel :notworthy: Maybe tomorrow I can get out of the neighborhood, and go play on some wheel horses in the snow.

tgranthamfd

We'll have to get the ole girl back out of the back yard agin first. Hope you can get here, I'm cookin in the morning before the Turkey goes bad. Have to shovel out a spot for the fryer. :notworthy: P.S. I ordered some chains, if I can wait long enough for them to get here. Probably won't see snow again, but they will work on dirt, too. Got a few pics of the progress to put up too, but the camera is in the truck and it is getting late. :thumbs:

tgranthamfd

I was supposed to meet someone from Tuttle OK. in Rolla Mo. yesterday. That didnt happen. I decided it wasnt worth the risk of dring into tha mess. :thumbs:

All 77 counties in Oklahoma got declaire as in a state of emergency, snowfall ranged from 14" to 2" across the state with 6 fatalities reported, and stranded vehicles everywhere. All interstates and highways in the Oklahoma City area were closed down on Christmas eve. Road clean up came a long way today, travel should be better by saturday. Thank goodness for all the farm tractors, in my area, they were the ones that got the ball rolling before the city even thought about it. :notworthy: The only roads that got any attension on the eve was from them. My hat is off to them.

stevasaurus

Terry, you guys really got nailed...saw it on the news here..TWC...have not seen anything like that since 78. That much snow is not fun. :notworthy:

Daddy Don

I have found me a blade and a set of chains. I hope the weather is good next week so I can go pick them up. They are in MO.

rickv1957

Don,luckily I ended up with only 4" here in Mo,Rick

tgranthamfd

Here is when we got started.

DSC01038.jpg

Street progress in front of the house, from my jimmy to the corner.

DSC01040.jpg

This is the pile I made from the front street.

DSC01041.jpg

This is the side street after break, she needed gas and I needed lunch. :thumbs:

DSC01042.jpg

The end of day 1 after we clawed our way back into the yard, it was getting rough. Couldn't even get her back into the shed, she had to sleep outside. :notworthy:

DSC01039.jpg

It's okay, we had another days worth of work to do, mostly more chipping away at what had already been done and getting my drive way cleared so I didn't have to park in the street. Thanks This has been fun.

tgranthamfd

Then today, found the driveway and worked on the rest of the street, it was rutted up bad. Managed to sneek in some cooking and a late Christmas get together, too.

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

This shot was 2' deep ice and snow ruts at the base of my driveway.

DSC01047.jpg

Had to shovel out a pathway to get the WH in the drive, then do the bump and shove in all directions, and do the initial pushing with the blade raised up. :notworthy:

dadstractor1

looks like mayview mo unsure how much do to constent drifting , but i hate it. :notworthy:

tgranthamfd

looks like mayview mo unsure how much do to constent drifting , but i hate it. :notworthy:

I hear ya, but it is a good excuse to ride around all day on my C160-8. We are almost 3 counties up form Texas right in the middle, east and west. I think we got between 6 and 9 inches, but there were 4 and 5 foot drifts on the outlieing east and west country roads, and as you ca tell in my front and back yards. This is my first chance to snow plow and it has been a blast. Hope to play some more tomorrow.

d180man

Hi nice photos and job ! some would say it was a fun day ! :notworthy::WRS: but nice! :thumbs:

tgranthamfd

Hi nice photos and job ! some would say it was a fun day ! :notworthy::) but nice! :WRS:

Had a blast, for 2 days, and may do some more tomorrow when it thaws a little. :banghead: May have more comming on Tuesday. :thumbs:

dscott2000

That looks sorta what Kansas city currently looks like. It took me almost 2 hours for me and my JD snow blower just to cut through it. And, I have to go out and do it again here in the A.M! From what I understand, we have more coming! Now, I am wishing I had the money to get a plow for my Raider 8!

rickv1957

That was quite a snow there in Ok,seen it on news!,Rick

stevasaurus

Great pictures Terry...beats mowing grass, doesn't it? :notworthy:

tgranthamfd

Here was a video my brother took while I was playing. :thumbs: He moved it and broke the link :notworthy:, but the one he put below works.

Confused99

Cool vid. Looks like you are getting some good seat time in.

Jason

tgranthamfd

Cool vid. Looks like you are getting some good seat time in.

Jason

And loving it. :notworthy:

gwgdog66

Ooopps I moved the movie to my Wheel horse album. He was really having too much fun! :notworthy:

th_SnowPlowing.jpg