Polaris2007

Possible Wheel Horse Graveyard!!

Polaris2007

So my buddy stopped by today to check out my newly restored C-120. After he gets done complimenting the C-120, He tells me that not too far from here, there was a Wheel Horse dealership, but sometime in the late '70s, it was closed down, and converted to a residence. THEN, he tells me that he was at the place about 5 years ago doing some work for the owner, and the owner took him out back to an old out-building, and my buddy said it was FULL of old wheel horse tractors and parts and pieces!! No new ones that he saw, but just old ones in various states of disrepair. And he also said that out behind the old out-building were even more old wheel horses in the bushes!! Guess we he and I are going tommorow AM !! Let's hope they are still there! I'll keep you guys posted......... :notworthy:

• Like 2

Polaris2007

Oh yeah.......The digital camera is coming with us.......

stevasaurus

Merry Christmas :notworthy:

Hammerhead

Wow, I love this type of story! Count me in when you get a look! You could load up a Greyhound bus and take a few of us with you! :thumbs: Can't wait to see the pics.... :notworthy:

rickv1957

That is the type of story we all like to hear about,good luck!!! Rick

Sparky

Oh thanks, now I wont sleep a wink tonight thinkin about this one :notworthy: !

Good luck!!!!

Mike..........

Operator

:thumbs: Exactly where did you say this heaven is? Mapquest anyone. :notworthy:

Randy

rocking 416

We have a wheel horse salvage yard in v.a. but the guy is kinda high on his prices i think he has hundreds of tractors all makes an models

Curmudgeon

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of the location either........

:notworthy::thumbs: :WRS:

WheelHorse_of_course

Wow!

This has all the makings of a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE :thumbs:

Maybe you will be the George Bailey of the "Its a wonderful Wheel Horse"

Happy Holidays to all

:WRS: :notworthy:

Buzz

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice there was no mention of the location either........

In none of his posts, or his profile, does he mention what part of the country he's from. Darn, planned on doing a little detective work :notworthy::thumbs:

He did slip up and sign one of his posts "Jon H.". Hmmm...... how many Jon H's could there be in the USA anyway? :WRS:

TT

I'm 90% positive he's in Maine.

I was through that state a few times and am pretty sure that it's entirely too much territory to go exploring (blindly) looking for a backyard full of Wheel Horses. :notworthy:

418a

aWe hve a wheel horse salvage yard in v.a. but the guy is kinda high on his prices i think he has hundreds of tractors all makes an models

:notworthy: Wheres that at ?????? Brian

Ken B

Don't ask me how I know, but you'd be amazed what a field full of parts and tractors does too folks! Count all of us in right? I'll be yer best friend! :notworthy:

wheel horse 1045

ROAD TRIP buddy :notworthy:

bitten

Lets see, if he went this morning and hasn't given an update he must be very busy doing something :notworthy: I wonder what it could be.

Buzz

Lets see, if he went this morning and hasn't given an update he must be very busy doing something :notworthy: I wonder what it could be.

But........... he posted at 5:56 tonight here: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...50entry113349

Hmmm, he may be toying with us. That would be cruel.

VinsRJ

But........... he posted at 5:56 tonight

And no up-date... Classic. :notworthy:

Curmudgeon

Maine, huh?

I know a great guy from Vermont.......

bowtieguy

Heck, its probably ole wild Bill Pearson's place....or a place on down the road that has a YELLAR cow in the pasture!! :notworthy:

Save Old Iron

I know a great guy from Vermont.......

I knew a girl from Paris France,

had a big ............

never mind.

:notworthy:

linen beige

In none of his posts, or his profile, does he mention what part of the country he's from. Darn, planned on doing a little detective work

:thumbs: Oct. 05 2009 @ 10:26 A.M.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=0entry100058

Pretty ironic how I just used some "Simple southern common sense" to narrow it down to Maine, aint it? :notworthy:

Buzz

:) Oct. 05 2009 @ 10:26 A.M.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=0entry100058

Pretty ironic how I just used some "Simple southern common sense" to narrow it down to Maine, aint it? :thumbs:

That makes it easier, after all how many Jon H's could there be in Maine :WRS: . Now where did I put my Maine phonebook? :notworthy:

Crazywheelhorseman

I know maine alright i know it enough that even i'm not that crazy to go blindly hunting up in them north woods. could become the next ned batey. lol

Operator

I know maine alright i know it enough that even i'm not that crazy to go blindly hunting up in them north woods. could become the next ned batey. lol

Can you squeel like a pig? :notworthy:

But if we all go as a group :thumbs:

Still waiting :WRS:

Randy