Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsepuller

Wheelhorse Racer

wheelhorsepuller

Well... I built the header.. then I found some more 3 inch pipe left over form when I made my exhaust for my drag car..

So I put it on.. it is grossly oversized.. but now the sound has a ton of bass.. kinda like a harley... :whistle:

th_DSCF0068-3.jpg

th_DSCF0067-2.jpg

Now I'm almost ready for the photo shoot for the newspaper tomorrow afternoon.... woo hoo ;D

TT

Photo shoot, huh? You should have some RedSquare magnets to stick on it, Jason. :whistle:

Definitely looking good! :D Now we need another video so we can hear the exhaust! :WRS:

wheelhorsepuller

If you have redsquare magnets I would like one.. I would gladly add it to the Mowchine.... :whistle:

wheelhorsepuller

I'll see about making a video tomorrow...

TT

If you have redsquare magnets I would like one.. I would gladly add it to the Mowchine.... :whistle:

I don't have them, but you can get some from Terry Dennis. ("vinylguy52" here at RedSquare)

He's going through some website changes right now, but you could try sending him a PM.

HorseFixer

I'm Canadian so it's paid for me...

We run on shorter tracks so it will be geared for about 35 mph...and we run in 3 rd gear of the 5 speeds because it is the strongest gear...

If I took the governor off this thing would really fly..

The outlaws mowers run 100 hp Vanguards and they are only on the gas for a few seconds before they lift.. usually at the middle of the straightaway.. just so they can turn the corner..

Here is the Mowchine our club president built...

IMG_0356.jpg

It started out as this

th_newholland.jpg

The only thing wrong with this machine is that is not sitting in my garage! I know a guy in PA that I would like to intruduce this thing too! B)

Duke

wheelhorsepuller

Well I chalked up my first heat win on the horse.. and a 3rd on the feature.. I'm post some pics when I get them... I also qualified third.. it was really good day...

rustbucket

B) B):whistle:B)B) go wheel horse kick some butt.

wheelhorsepuller

Here is a pic...

th_jasonnflag.jpg

Rollerman

Jason just caught the new addition to this thread...thats a fine "I just won a race grin" inside the helmet there.... B)

wheelhorsepuller

Here's a link to the video... from two angles

One View

Rollerman

Cool vids Jason...especially like the first one. B)

So what gives...looks like that rear engine :whistle: was giveing you a run till he dropped waaaayyyy back.

Second set of vids were good too....camera man needs to use the bleep button though...LOL B)

wheelhorsepuller

The second one was my neighbour.... he is a little rough around the edges..

The little rear engine is has an 18 hp Briggs -V Twin with a lightweight flywheel... He is very fast... but once I took his line and made him try to pass in the grass on the outside.. he couldn't get around me... B)

I'm looking for a vertical V-twin for my mower.. this kohler is WAY too heavy and doesn't like the revs I making it do...

Rollerman

I'm looking for a vertical V-twin for my mower

Sounds like you need a Kawasaki commercial V twin & Wheel Horse/Toro used those too. B)

wheelhorsepuller

The thing is that there are a ton of parts fro the Briggs so I will probably go that way.. Our club president makes over 50 hp right now out of a 22 hp block... it's an unbelievable mowchine..

illinilefttackle

B) Thats neat Jason! Ya know, you built a good "tractor", but many times " its not the size of the Dog in the fight-but-the size of the fight in the dog" Your a competitor if I ever saw one-AL :whistle:

wheelhorsepuller

I'm finally getting to know how to drive this thing.. It likes to be driven in hard then hard on the brakes then right to the floor...

Completely different from what I have been doing of getting off the gas early and getting to the gas early..

This thing likes to be driven like I stole it...

B)

wheelhorsepuller

Well.. I pulled off another third in the feature.. but used up my mechanical brakes... so I'm replacing it with some hydraulic brakes off of a snowmobile..

I'm also increasing the gear ratio from 7.50 to 7.91 to pull a bit more revs.. I'm bogging in the corner..

Since I have a flathead, I am allowed to make mods to my engine where the oHV guys can't..

I was going to go dual carb but I can't find another #26 Kohler carb to use.. so I'm gonna make a new custom intake for the one carb I have... the log one on the Magnum certain isn't good for flow..

I'm also going to shrink the primary tube from the head to the secondary tube to help with bottom end..

This ole girl will be in the winners circle sometime this year..

Here is a video.... When my mechanical brakes heated up.. they stuck on so I couldn't catch up... that sucked.. I was pulling the pedal back with my foot but I couldn't get it to disengage... oh well.. I know I could keep up though...

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/fox_...nt=modheat2.flv

Raider

That looks like a ton of fun B) It looks like you've sunk some time and money into the racer. I have been thinking of getting into go kart racing in a few years when my boy is old enough but lawn tractors look like even more fun. I don't know of any racing around here though right now. Go get that checkered flag!!

wheelhorsepuller

Check out heyMow, someone there could help you find a local club.

I have about $1500 into my racer... I bought a lot of used parts. If I bought all new parts you could easily double the price.

I like that I'm keeping up being that I don't have the money into my mowchine that others do...

Raider

Thanks man, looks like there is some racing around me within a couple hours drive. A lot of it is ice racing. That would be pretty fun. There is a big ice racing event for ATVs and cycles here on Lake WI every Winter. Wonder if a mower class could be added?? B) This is just food for thought at this point though, like I said a father-son thing when he gets older and if he wants to.