Sign in to follow this  
Iggy68

953 Restoration

sodbuster

looks good!!!! :notworthy: might try those small brackets as cable mounts on carb??

rickv1957

Looking very good!! :notworthy: Rick

christopherX

Can i "borrow" that motor? (heh) nice!!!

SANTA, I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!

chris :notworthy:

buckrancher

looks good :notworthy:

Iggy68

First thing I would like to say tonight is a big :banghead: to all the nice comments. Lucky me I had a couple of vacation days to use by the end of the year, don't have to tell me twice, I was outta there yesterday. A couple of good days to work on the horse

So I get up this morning after cleaning, sanding, and wire brushing some 200 parts yesterday(ok maybe not quite that many) and have to drink 2 cups of coffee to choke down the dust particals lodge in my throat. I think that is what the mask is for. :WRS: I am in the MR(manroom) thinking about all the posts I read last night about all the lucky saps that get to use their horse plowing some snow. Acuatly a bit jealous I know I will put a blade on mine and push all the leaves in the back yard into a pile No snow down here in SC But then I snap back to reality, my horse is sick in the stable.

As i am working away I am creating a list of the parts I need to get the horse out of the vets office. :banghead: The calculation in my head says it will be March before it can go to the pasture and graze. That is not acceptable Let me think :notworthy: what can I do to scrap some extra cash up?

Tell the wife not to spend the extra couple of hundred dollars on food with all the kids being home from college, umm not very festive, can't do that. Not pay tuition bills :thumbs2: Nope not an option. Send my wife to the corner to turn a few :) stop can't do that. :hide:

Gues I will just have to be patient :banghead: Just anxious to get the horse into the stud pasture. Now why did I get on here :thumbs: Oh yeah to post a few pics. Boy I was rambling.

stevasaurus

Mark...the restore looks great...too cold to restore up here...no heat in garage.

thanks for the pictures. :notworthy:

Ken B

The 953 is looking sweet! Will you be reusing the air tank as a fuel tank? Looks kinda cool back there eh.

Iggy68

Spent the entire day sanding and cleaning parts. Only thing left to finish is the frame. Hopefully sandblast that baby Saturday. Need to give the MR a good cleaning before starting more paint. Red paint dust everywhere. I have a good deal on some slightly worn tires if anyone is interested :notworthy:

Picture006.jpg

Iggy68

Picked the head gasket this morning also, Forgot about that :notworthy:

Engine.jpg

Iggy68

A few more pics, hood before sanding, the frame of the horse hanging from the tree. Kinda reminds me of skinning a deer out.

Hood.jpg

Frame.jpg

Iggy68

Finally everything is RED. Finished painting the hood, front hood support, and tins this morning. Hopefully some assembly will begin tomorrow. :thumbs: The frame on this 953 is a pain in the but to paint by the way. Here are a few pics.

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

rickv1957

Mark,looking mighty fine! :thumbs: Rick

whfan74

That is really nice! :thumbs:

What a transformation from it's previous state. Can't wait to see it all bolted back up and driving around the yard!

Keep up the great work! :banghead:

Iggy68

Thanks Rick and Scott. I can"t wait either. Nothing worse than watching paint dry :thumbs: Can't wait to start putting it back together.

Duff

Great job, Mark! :thumbs::banghead:

Enjoying watching your progress!

Duff :WRS:

bitten

I really like the 953's and think you will have a nice example when done.

Iggy68

Thanks guys! :banghead: Here are some more pics.

Picture015.jpg

Rims all cleaned up ready for some paint.

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Rims nice and shiny white! :thumbs:

Iggy68

Not that 98% of the painting is complete time for some assembly. Got all the parts out and lined up and ready to go!

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Brought the frame into the little room to start. Change of plans. Moving the whole operation to a buddies house that has a 3 car garage to assemble it. :thumbs:

Iggy68

The horse has new shoes on the front :thumbs:

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Suburban 550

Nice job, Mark. :banghead: That's gonna be one sweet lookin' tractor when you're done. :thumbs:

JimD

Mark you sure have a lot of patience. it looks great! :thumbs:

blaster

Looks great! It'll look like new when your done :thumbs: How did you get the rims so clean?

Iggy68

Thanks guys for all the kind comments. :thumbs:

Glenn I wire brushed the biggest stuff off and then used paint stripper and a little scrub brush (almost the size of a tooth brush) with the stripper still on the metal. It work very well. So I said I was moving the project to my buddies garage but he has had to work late the last two nights so I said what the h..l lets get started with some assembly! :banghead: So here are some assembly pics for ya to feast on!

Tranny in and Hydro pump in.

Picture030.jpg

The other side.

Picture031.jpg

Steering column in. When I brought er home the bolts were sheared of in the column.

Picture028.jpg

Front axle assembly put back together and installed.

Picture029.jpg

The front wheels.

Picture032.jpg

Iggy68

More pics since I know you guys are picture junkies :lol:

Couldn't stop til the motor was sitting on the frame.

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Finally looking like a tractor instead of a pile of parts. I don't have the back tires yet :wwp: They are going to have to wait for a bit. 130 bucks a tire is a little tough right now. Last Monday the 19 year old daughter BUMPED int oa pole in a parking garage, 10 mph, so she said. In mamas car, need to shift funds from the horse to a new car,

Beccar1.jpg

She said "but I didn't break the headlights. :thumbs::banghead: :WRS:

rickv1957

Mark,looking darn good there!! :thumbs: ,Rick