Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

I've been challenged!

Ken B

I've been challenged by my brother too hook the chain between these two tractors, his is the Simplicity 725 and mine the 702. To be honest, I'm nervous! :notworthy: (I'll never admit it too him, but he sometimes lurks here.) I know alot of guys are like my brother and myself in that they also like other brands. His 725 is jaw dropping mint and I'm not even kiddin. So, do I even stand a chance?

This brings me back almost 30 yrs ago. When I was much younger, I had a tractor buddy that I hung around with. While the other kids in the neighborhood had their go carts we had our tractors and they were indeed fast. I recall smoking one kids go cart with my 10 hp Monte Carlo lawn tractor (similar to a Dynamark) Man was that kid pissed! I did all the pulley swappin to make my tractor right fast, of course I had my leather shoe string tied to the governor!

I also recall the time my tractor buddy schooled me, big time. He had himself a Minneapolis Moline garden tractor and I had my trusty Monte Carlo Lawn tractor, I had put my power pulley back on and I was feeling way too cocky. I challenged him to a pull, right in front of my dads house, on pavement. The road has a slight slope to it and I was facin uphill. My tractor buddy asked if I was sure I really wanted to go thru with it. Hell yeah I says. I remember him sayin, "alrighty then" like it was only yesterday. Before I knew it my tractor was sky high, I was on my butt and he was pullin and draggin my tractor upside down right on down the road with a grin on his face the whole time! When I looked over to the house, sure enough my Dad was standing at the door and surprisingly he was only shakin his head. So, now ya know why I'm nervous! Lol!

55hp496.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

Crazywheelhorseman

I would say that should be an interesting match. same horse power. now if he uses the stock draw bar and you use a slot hitch around 12" high you will gain the advantage as you will be taking weight off his wheels and putting on to yours. also this depends on length of chain as well the longer the chain the harder transferring the weight is. best of luck you should win!

chamjack

Those are both nice tractors. I would hate to see either get dragged upside down :notworthy:

WHC-125

Those are both nice tractors. I would hate to see either get dragged upside down :thumbs:

I completely agree with Bob. Good luck to both of you! :notworthy:

rickv1957

Let us know the results!!!,Rick

rustyoldjunk

i have had my 1960 simplicity 700 since 1993.it is one of the most well balanced best pulling little tractors i have ever had.

VinsRJ

I've been challenged by my brother too hook the chain between these two tractors, his is the Simplicity 725 and mine the 702.

Ken, correct me if I'm wrong but did your brother just acquire that 725?

My brother sold his 725 a couple of weeks ago to a guy in CT... thats the same tractor, backwards steering wheel and all. :notworthy:

If you like that 725 you should see my brother's 2010 LL, not quiet as clean but darn close. SteveBo has seen the 2010 I think he would agree.

Ken B

Hi Vin. Yes indeed my brother bought the 725 from your brother Matt. Its a small world!

VinsRJ

Hi Vin. Yes indeed my brother bought the 725 from your brother Matt. Its a small world!

Cool.... Your brother got a nice unit.... :notworthy:

And it looks like that pic of the 725 was taken in my brother's garage...... Funny stuff.

ronscat

I agree - they are both really nice tractors.

Ron

Coadster32

Interesting matchup. A video would be really awesome. :notworthy:

oldandred

The 725 most likely will pull you backards unless you weight more the 702 is a light tractor try to hook up in lose dirt the lug tire may help you

Ken B

Just too assure everyone, we won't get either tractor upside down! :notworthy: I've got about 20 pounds on my brother. I will make sure too take video.

DaveB

Hey Bro,

It's a Nice Match Up:

Orange vs Red

Simplicity vs Wheel Horse

Briggs vs Kohler

DaveB vs KenB

I've also got a Landlord 10hp and Cub Cadet 100 on the way. What u got cooking for me?

PS - Sorry I'm out of the color Red for now. Just got Orange and Yellow. But who knows what I'll drag home next.

rickv1957

Hello Dave, :thumbs::notworthy: Rick

norman426

Ha

Reminds me of when my brother and I had a pull off, I was on my 654, He was on his Massey 7 dumped the clutch and we both spun and dug. After a few more beers tried it again, I broke an axle hub :notworthy:

Best of luck and play it safe those are some good looking tractors!

sodbuster

wheres the pics!!! :notworthy:

dkopp

Weight is the key...if they are both about the same weight...it should be close. My dad and I once hooked his 607 to a 416-8. If I was driving the 607, I could pull him backwards on the 416-8. I was about 225lbs and he was about 190lbs.

420lse

Quite the challange. This one deserves a u tube show :thumbs:

Happy New Year

Moe

bmuone

Ya think they're still out there pullin?

wheel horse 1045

the safe way to pull is to hook up to the front and run the chain under the tractor out to the back and under the other tractor and attaching it to the front of his so you wont flip each other when you pull ,thats how my buddies pull at there wheelhorse club in edwardsburg michigan. at least thats what they claim lol

whfan74

Those are two beautiful rigs............ :thumbs:

Have fun with it! And a video is definitely in order! :banghead: