Sign in to follow this  
pbradley68

2" Receiver for 3 point hitch

pbradley68

Does anyone know of 2" receiver that doesn't just bolt onto the rear slot hitch like THIS but instead ties into either the frame and/or axle? I'm looking for it because I saw a Kolpin ATV 3 point hitch with a 12V electric actuator lift system that mounts to a 2" receiver on the Wal-Mart site for $399 (currently out of stock) that looks interesting. Wal-Mart Link

So far the only one I could locate was custom made by can whlvr Here

Thanks,

Paul

sawhorse

I know of no manufacturer of the device you mentioned. There is, however,

another sleeve hitch setup on ebay made by the guy that makes the hot dog roasters.

These units have downpressure and 200+ pound lift capacity. I am impressed with the

capability of these units. There are videos of these in use on youtube.

Here is another opportunity for someone to fabricate and market a product.

It would be a fairly simple job to fabricate a bracket to attach a two inch reciever

to a wheel horse transmission. I would have done it, but I found the wheel horse

clevis hitch first.

can whlvr

i made this one that is from aleft over reese hitch i had 082.jpg013-1.jpg

pbradley68

i made this one that is from aleft over reese hitch i had 082.jpg013-1.jpg

I have a left over Jeep hitch that is very similar to yours that I could cut up. Can you please elaborate some on how it connects to the axle? From the photos and don't see any bolts. I'm guessing it bolts to something from within the square tubing that I can't see?

thanks,

Paul

can whlvr

i will take pics tomorow eve,the reese bolts to angle iron that bolts on the plow bracket bolts,the angle looks back towards the rear and then turns 90 degrees downward,then i drilled the angle iron and the reese hitch on the back and joined them,the weight also rests against the rear end so not all the stress goes on the bolts,althuogh it doesnt have too,the bolts are plenty strong that hold the plow on,you can use the plow and every thing other than the factory hitch,i buy 2 inch tube and make what ever hitch i need,a ball,a flat bar with a hole to pull things that require a pin,im sure u get the idea that once a receiver is ther the possibilities are endless

can whlvr

here is a pic of the hitch,not the best but look close and you can see the angle iron on top of the axle 004-2.jpg

can whlvr

here are a few better pics to give u an idea,it was really simple when i look back now,just a bit of angle,the existing plow bracket(i had on mine)a left over hitch and a few bolts 020-1.jpg018.jpg

pbradley68

Thanks, those pics help a lot. I'll have to try your method with my scrap Jeep Hitch.

:thumbs: