Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsestory

Wheel Horse on Ebay 6 year Old w/ Cancer

rmaynard

I can't imagine what the family is going through. I have a 6 year old grandson with a chromosome disorder, and every day is a blessing to us. Doctors tell us that never having seen his exact condition before, they don't know what to expect or when to expect it. We thank God every day that he doesn't have to go through anything like Max.

My contribution is on it's way.

You are in our thoughts and prayers Max.

Bob in Maryland

:notworthy::thumbs::WRS: :)

nylyon

All, we're over $400 now.

sodbuster

Just a quick note.if you are intrested in sending an ecard to max.check out 123 greeting cards they are free.

Volvoman

Max and family, our family extends our thoughts and prayers for your complete recovery as soon as possible. We also experienced a major health crisis 15 years ago, and now have the privilege of being able repay the generosity of others by in turn giving to another family who can use a helping hand in such a trying time. And to Mr. Martino.....your generosity serves as a shining example of what the American spirit is all about. Thank you! to you and to Karl for bringing Max's story to this fine group.

vvm

tomnunn

Thank you all again, Max is doing ok, had a long night, he was vomiting from the chemo and his pee tube came apart, but he is sleeping well now, please join Carepages for update of add Max as a friend on facebook for mor updates, I will post the links below, You all are very caring and it means so much to our family, Take care, Tom :notworthy:

https://www.carepages.com/carepages/MaxNunn

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...100000505696041

Doubletrouble

Mike, it's a great thing your doing for Max. It's nice to be reminded that there are still kind people out there especially lately. The attitudes I've encountered recently in stores and such makes me wonder what happened to the spirit of christmas and giving.

GET WELL SOON MAX!!

JH711

Contribution has been sent.

You are in our thoughts and prayers Max

Get Well Soon,,.,.

Jim in Illinois

blaster

Sending a donation... I hope a lot more can. As a father of four, having somethig like that happen to one of them is beyond imagination. I hope and pray that Max will stay strong and beat this!

nylyon

You guys are an amazing group. Your donations are really going to make a difference!

Tom, hope Max is feeling better from the Chemo.

jusjeepn

Max, Thanks for bringing Christmas to Red Square! Hope your feeling well today! We are all pulling for you buddy! To your whole family: Merry Christmas and thank you for letting us be a part of this. You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Doubletrouble

Donation made. Get well soon max! Merry christmas to you and your family. :notworthy:

eibbed

Contribution made.

Max our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Dave and Debbie

rickv1957

Donation made

MAX, Get well SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes,RickV and family

nylyon

For those interested, here is the latest update:

We are all in this together.

Posted 1 hour ago

I just spoke with Jodie and Max was up most of the night with diarrhea and vomiting, they have him on morphine and benadryl and he is sleeping now and Jodie is going to try to get some sleep as well, The Docs had to switch his meds back over to IV instead of oral because he cannot keep anything down, He just finished his third day of Carboplatin chemo yesterday, today he changes to two other types Thiotepa and Etoposide for three days. He will start feeling much more ill from these ones, he also cannot wear any clothing (just cotton underwear with the elastic cut off) or bandages on his Broviac and will get bathed every four hours and changed as well as all linen changed due to the chemo coming out of his pores can burn the skin, Max is going to have a tough time for at least the next few days and we expect at least some minor complications, He is one hell of a trooper and will battle on, Jodie will probably not have any time for updates and cannot send email from the hospital, either me or Jodie's Mom (Cathy) or aunt Robbie will keep updating as we find out anything, Jodie's Mom is staying with us now at home to tend to Lilly and help with any thing from running errands to going down to stay with Max and we will all three be going back and fourth, We also have Auntie for Lilly when needed as well. Thank you all for continuing to be with us during this difficult time, we will get it behind us, Love You Max, Knock another one out of the park, we are all with ya buddy.

• Heart 1

bitten

Mike Martino, you truly have a heart of gold. I just seen the jacket on ebay. Although I wish I could bid on the tractor, lighter or the jacket I just cant swing it right now. I have made a contribution here on the square but nothing like your contributions. I know these are material things and they do not add up to skwat in the long run but your efforts sure will.

Max, your the man. I can not even think of what you are going through. I read the updates with a tear on my heart and prayer on my breath. My wife has filled me in on some of the procedure and from what I have read I would not want to see anyone go through what you are especially at the age you are. My only comfortable thought is how strong your body and mind will be in the end. I look forward to the down hill part of your ordeal, sounds as if you got a long haul to go. Cant wait to see pics of you on your new four wheeler.

Will be thinking of you little man,

P.J.

Now for the rest of my RedSquare members. Just think if we all put in $3 Max would have a brand new shiny four wheeler. That woulnt even buy an inner tube for your tractor. Anything extra would be a big bonus. Its not just Max that is suffering here, he does have a family that is struggling day to day. They need our help also. It is the time of year to be with our loved ones and they have to go to the hospital for that. Dont mean to call you out but this is a great opportunity to do some good.

edit nylyon: Here is the link to the Jacket

• Heart 1

nylyon

I think that I've seen some pictures of that jacket somewhere?

Wheelhorsestory

Hi everyone. I am so proud of what the Wheel Horse & Red Square community is doing for the Great Max Nunn. I knew that everyone would step up in one way or another. Even if you could only give $1.00, please do so.

I spoke with Cecil Pond this morning and filled him in about Max. He too is very proud of what the Wheel Horse community is doing for the Great Max Nunn. He told me that he is proud that the lighter and jacket he gave me would be auctioned off for Max.

Does everyone realize that this young man named Max has touched so many lives. He has actually given to us! I know another young man who gave the ultimate gift about 2000 years ago. This is what Christmas is about!

Mike Martino :notworthy:

• Heart 1

rmaynard

All I can add is 'well done' to everyone.

nylyon

We're over $1000 in donations! I've always known how special this group was, but I really had no idea how caring.

WHC-125

It is great to see the generosity and caring going on here :notworthy: Now the Nunn family can have a Happy Holidays and know there are many people that care about Max.

tarcoleo

We have 2,325 registered members.

Do the math, a small donation from each member will make a big difference

to Max. Merry Christmas all.

Tom in Little Compton, RI :notworthy:

Doubletrouble

I know I'm very proud to be a part of this group and of this fund raiser for max. I've known since I joined this group that there is lots of knowledge here and a freindly atmosfere among everyone. The generosity is not surprizing. I just want to commend everyone who has been a part of this no matter how big or small.

I'd also like to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here and to the Nunn family. GET WELL MAX!

nylyon

I was talking to my kids about Max this morning, and while I was telling them about all the members chipping in, they stopped me, ran out of the room then came back a couple of minutes later with a $5 bill. They handed the money to me and told me that they wanted to give to Max as well.

They're outside playing in the snow now, and I let them have a shared Christmas Present a little early (a snow ball maker), and as I watch them through the kitchen window I smile with pride!

• Heart 1

nylyon

Here's what were giving for:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1261328103.jpg

Kelly

Well I had to donate something, I'm blessed with 3 kids in good health. My family and I send our warmest wishes to Max and his family, hoping they have a happy Christmas, and Max gets his wish.