Sign in to follow this  
rocking 416

1996 anniversary for wheel horse?

rocking 416

Ok i seen a article in L.A.G.C.C magzine about 1996 being wheel horses 50th anniversary Does anyone know about this?

TT

Well...... if 1956 was the first year the "Wheel Horse" name was used and 1981 was the 25th anniversary (ever hear of a 1981 GT-2500 Anniversary Special?) then that would make 2006 the 50th anniversary.

rocking 416

Good god terry, You aint changed much since ive been on here last :notworthy: Any way i think your Ten years off According too L.A.G.C.C there was a Purple flamed tractor made in 1996 The Wheel horse model 15-44hxl display model no engine ECT i am pretty sure your ten years off terry the 60th anniversary was in 2006 Forgive me if i am wrong i base this disargreement on what ive read in l.a.g.c.c

TT

They're actually using 1946 as the first year - the year the Ponds started this madness. :notworthy:

The 2005 Classic was badged as the 60th anniversary model and the 1996 models did use the 50th anniversary gold emblems, etc. so nobody is actually wrong. It's just hard to explain where the extra ten years came from. :thumbs:

Do you still have your 416, Daniel?

rocking 416

Yes i do its been in the shed since the last show i think i had it out maybe twice. ive been trucking so havent been home much. but i do have plastic hub caps gold horse heads an my emblems have gold on them as well

jusjeepn

Well I think TT is correct. In"Straight from the horses mouth" Cecil married in 1946 (which is the year you are claiming the start of wheel horse). He was working for his uncle Harold along with his father, Elmer assembling 2 wheel Speedex garden tractors. Also in 1946 Cecil took a job with the Standard Oil Company of Indiana. This was also the first year that Elmer and Cecil started building four wheel tractors in their garage. These were the lever steer tractors built from the summer of 1946 to winter of 1947. This tractor company was called" The Pond Equipment Company". The "Wheel Horse Products Company" first appeared in 1955 in advertisements but on March 12 1956 the company name officially became "Wheel Horse Products" and Cecil was appointed president.

rocking 416

yea, it just caught my attenion the article from l.a.g.c.c. i mean my 1996 toro wheel horse 416h is special. i guess toro company is kinda mis leading. or maybe not in there eyes. i know they seem to have made big deel in 1996 they had give away for a purple tractor with no engine, must have been to try an boost sales

tgranthamfd

There was a 2006 60th anniversery edition in the picture section, but the account has been closed or something. Think the fellow bought it new in 2007, but it was a left over from 2006.

rickv1957

1996 was the 50th anniversery,I have a NOS 1996 314-8 in my stable!! :notworthy: Rick

rocking 416

i am in the process of complete tear down. going to wet sand everything and get the hub caps repainted wheels too maybe some new tires make her as pretty as i can. plus it is autographed Cpond on the hood she is going to stay in the stable maybe once in a blue moon ill cut grass with her

NolanMVP

I am the owner of the 2007? classic in question I believe. I bought it new in 2008 and I thought the serial number traced back to 2007. Maybe I am wrong- I will look into it again.

rickv1957

There is still 60th anniv tractors at dealers yet!!,Rick

tgranthamfd

There is still 60th anniv tractors at dealers yet!!,Rick

Yup, the last time I looked there was still one listed on e-bay, a brand new one. Some Toro dealer somewhere.

rocking 416

I love my 416 hydro 50 anniversary. the letters wheel horse are gold on the decal and all of the horse heads but it has plastic hubcaps. i bet i cant find the decals for it but myn are in great shape . Even when it sits in the shed for months it need a jump from my kubota but it fires right up It charges the batt just fine but when it sits it will go dead. Walmart battry its going to get one for xmas probaly Im proud to have it. The 60th annivesary ones are 310 gt 8 speed manuel doesent even have the crome exaust guard i think its very comparible to the 416