Sign in to follow this  
chris11

d 250 engine

chris11

Cant anyone tell me if i can get parts for it? A freind of mine has one and he wants me to put a turbo on it for pulling. I would like to make sure i can get parts first.

wh500special

Engine parts can be had with a lot of legwork and some expense (Charliesd250 and baerpath seem to be our resident experts on RS for sourcing D250 stuff - Larry C, are you on here?), but transaxle parts are No Longer Available.

The D250 isn't really a good candidate for pulling since the transaxles are known to suffer catastrophic failure. And now that even the newest D250 is 30 years old they are getting pretty tired.

I'm not trying to stir a pot, but I strongly urge you to find something else to pull with lest you blow the rear end in a decent 250.

Steve

chris11

I was told that . but he still wants to pull with it. There pulling on pavement too. :notworthy:

oilcrazy

WH500special is right about the transaxle, keep it full of lube and don't be rough with it . Parts are next to impossible to find and are very expensive. Keep it stock and be gentle with it and it'll last you a long time.

Raider12puller

Ive heard that the renault engines in them are just a cut down version(smaller pistions and carb) than the renault car engine. :notworthy:

baerpath

If it's not a stock class :notworthy:

I have seen one with a reworked Cub rear in it set up for pulling. :thumbs:

The engine was reworked. Just remind him they are heavy !!

Duane

clintonnut

Don't you dare! I broke my 250 tranny and we had to scratch build parts. It took about 4 months. If you're gonna pull put a cub rear in it. I have pulled with mine and it is just not worth it especially on pavement.

Charlie