Sign in to follow this  
The_Tyke

Fuel Pump Stripdown K321S

The_Tyke

I've had the engine turning over on my Raider 14, but can only get it to fire when it has been spoon fed with a bit of fuel.

The spark plug is dry and there was no fuel in the pipe from the pump, but there was fuel from the tank to the pump.

Is the pump easy enough to strip down to see if there is any kind of issue?

Pics would be helpful :notworthy:

bitten

Its not bad. You can go to Kohler and and get there maintenance manual for that engine and it will show you how to do it.

landsurveyor

Hi Andy,

I found that the pump on my engine didnt function until petrol was forced through it (the tractor hadnt been used for 15 years!). Once the pump had fuel going through it with no air locks, it seemed to work fine. I did take mine apart and found it quite easy, dont tear the diaphram though!

I like this never found it before:

:notworthy:

I hope you are enjoying yourself with your new purchase, before you know it you will have bought another one!

Regards

Simon, down in very cold Dorset.

The_Tyke

Bitten & Simon

Many thanks for the info.

I might try blowing into the tank whilst turning it over to try and clear any airlocks.

I don't really want to damage the diaphram!

Simon

If you want to stick the flag in your signature I have saved it to one of my websites.

The location of the image is http://www.online-turf.co.uk/wheel_horse/england.gif

Oh and I'm actively looking to increase the herd. I've had offers of an Atco and Westwood. Should be great fun dragging them round the fields with my horse.

(Moderators please accept my apologies for using the words "Atco" and "Westwood)

:notworthy::thumbs: :WRS:

Cody

You can also cover the carb with your hand when your turning it over that usually works.

The_Tyke

Cody

Thanks for that. I hate the taste of petrol in the morning!!! :notworthy:

Andy T

can whlvr

take the pipe off at the carb and crank it over to see if the pump is pumping or your float could b e stuck

The_Tyke

Cody

The hand over the carb worked a treat. :thumbs:

I had fuel all over the place!!!

So it wasn't a fault with the pump.

I've given the carb a good wash down and clean out, but the booster battery pack I was using to turn it over has died.:notworthy:

I got one puff of smoke though :WRS: