WH854

got This Snow Blower Today

WH854

Picked this up today it was listed on craigslist for $75.00 I sucked it right up I checked it out, it has a home made lift arm made out of a piece of pipe. Here are some pictures

PICT0001.jpg

I hauled it home in back of my minivan as you can see.

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

A good haul I Think

Chas :notworthy:

rickv1957

Looks like you got a great deal!!,Rick

HorseFixer

Not a bad price. Geter sanded and painted and she will serve you well :notworthy:

Sparky

Make sure you swap the left and right wings as their on the wrong sides. Good price and with some paint will look great.

Mike.........

TT

Make sure you swap the left and right wings as their on the wrong sides.

Actually -- they're just upside-down. :notworthy:

WH854

Thanks for the tips guys! I wonder how long they have been on the wrong side. The parts breakdown shows they are on the wrong side too. :notworthy:

Chas

can whlvr

good buy

Sparky

Actually -- they're just upside-down. :notworthy:

I'll never get this Wheel Horse stuff right :WRS:

:thumbs:

Mike.............

Horse Fanatic

The original lift arm is basically just a piece of pipe, maybe yours is the original.

TJ

Good deal. :notworthy:

WH854

Any of you guys ever work on one of these blowers? I need to know what is the best way to take the auger of, I have everything just about taken of. But the auger, and the shaft and pullys, that drive the auger. They are going to be tuff to get off. I think maybe the bareings maybe rusted on,are they pressed on. :notworthy::thumbs:

Chas

whfan74

Looks to be a fair deal to me! Congrats!

Can't beat the price!

can whlvr

you have to take the pin out on the shaft opposite of the handle side then drive the shaft out,once you get it moving it goes ok the bearings are inside the auger shaft which will come off when you get the 3\4 shaft pounded out,the bearings come out of the auger pretty easy,then you can work on the auger alot easier,when i rebuilt mine i found getting the pin back in the 3\4rod the hardest part,its alot easier to paint the body and inside alot easier,good luck

bitten

Better hurry up the snow will be here before we know it :notworthy:

WH854

Thanks Don I thought that was the way to get it out. :notworthy: I hope it is not to rusted up in side the auger shaft. :thumbs:

Chas.

WH854

Well I got the auger out today.(thanks to Don for his advice)It will need new bearings for the auger, they are ball beartngs. The seals are shot. Here are some pictures of todays work.

PICT0001-1.jpg

Above are the pieces in a pile.

The auger needs some straighting, a few rough edges ground off.

PICT0003.jpg

The case needs some welding here and fhere.

PICT0006.jpg

Chas. :notworthy:

can whlvr

good job getting her apart,if there is a bearing shop near you try them for the bearings,they are pretty standard and not too expensive.

WH854

Got two bearings for the auger!!!

Dec21001.jpg

Did some cleaning and painting Here are some pictures.

Dec21003.jpg

Dec21005.jpg

Every one have a Merry Christmas :notworthy:

Chas. :thumbs: :WRS:

can whlvr

looking good

rickv1957

Good job,you will have that blower restored before you even need it!!!,Rick

WH854

Got the parts all painted IH Red. Had to do a little jugling to paint them. It's about 30 degrees out, so I warmed them up by the wood burner,took them outside painted them one at a time, brought them back in, hung them by the heater to dry.

Dec27002.jpg

IT worked!!!! :notworthy:

Chas. :thumbs:

420lse

:notworthy: Wow, nice work! Can't wait for the final assembly.

scifi4all

Great Work on that blower!

I just want to offer one piece of advice. The exterior gear (on the left rear of the blower, on the end of the pulley shaft) that drives the chain and auger should have a guard on it. On my first tractor and snow blower this guard was missing when I bought it. Long story short I got a glove to close to it and lost the tip of my left pointer finger, from the cuticle to the end. I turned the PTO off every time that night, except the last time. Made a guard immediatly after that, but it was too late. :notworthy::thumbs: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

The old guards are a simple piece of flat bar bolted over the gear and chain. I believe I have seen a larger guard covering the entire gear around the shaft, could even be made of plastic, not sure.

There's even a guard for the chain in the front of the blower from the top down around the bottom. That is also flat bar. I just don't want to see anyone else make a stupid mistake.

P4220015-1.jpgP4220011-1.jpg

Still your doing a great job. I just replaced the chain and the two bearings on the pulley shaft of my snowblower. It did'nt go as easy as I would have hoped but it runs smooth now.

WH854

Thanks for the advice Rolls! :notworthy: I am going to make a guard, The manual calls for 2 guards, one on top and one on bottem.

Chas.

WH854

I am still working on this project, a little at a time. Thats why it is called a project.

A couple more pictures!!!

Dec31002.jpg

Dec31001.jpg

Thats all fffoolks Happy New Year :thumbs:

Chas :banghead: