Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

I found the clutch noise/chatter problem I think

T-Mo

I took the seat, fender pan, right side panel off the 314-8 today to take a try and find what's causing the clutch vibration and chattering. The drive belt had a small chunk out of it and it say down enough (loose) to where it was riding on the footrest/belt guide. It rub the paint off it and that is what is causing the noise and I think the vibration. If I had my batteries charged up for my camera I would have took a picture. So I'll get a new belt and idler pulley from the Toro dealer this week. That should solve the clutch vibration and noise. I don't think it will solve the clutch sticking problem, but it will help.

nylyon

That's great news. While it is all apart, lubricate EVERYTHING in there, not just the clutch linkage.

T-Mo

Fixed - new belt, new idler pulley and added the clutch spring like the older models have. It seems though the brake pedal is too high, never really noticed it until now. But it must have been that way all along looking at the pictures I have of it. I have to investigate that to see what's up with that.