Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Dual Wheels and a F.E.L--Stability????

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

I was cleaning up my expansive pile of junk and couldn't believe that sitting in there was TWO sets of 23x10.50x12 Dico Turf Trac RS tires on the real wide deep offset rims AND a complete set of dual wheel adapters with bolts, nuts and lock washers. I started thinking I would put the whole setup on my loader tractor and then started wondering if it would make a noticeable difference in the tippiness of the tractor or if its not worth risking breaking an axle..... Any Thoughts???? :notworthy:

Tony

P.S.--I did do a search and read all the posts concerning breaking stuff and traction versus stability etc.... I guess what I'm asking guys that use these is---Does the added stability REALLY outweigh the chance of busting the tractor up or should I just stay with singles???

Jim_M

Tony,

I think they would help with the stability. If you run the outside tires lower on air pressure than the inside tires it will still have some "give" and have a lot less leverage on the axles.

Jim

wheelhorse101

i love my dual wheels on my FEL and it does help with stability when you litf the buck up higher

rickv1957

Never had a problem running duals with a FEL,Rick

wallfish

Definately helps with stability but since I snapped a 1 1/8 axel with dualies on, I took them off. Could've had other unknown issues but I didn't want to chance another axel. It broke off at the deepest point in the woodruff key slot. It seems that others haven't had any problems at all.

I think I want to come down there and go shopping in your pile

Docwheelhorse

Thanks for the responses.... I am arguing with whether I want to put them on (been running singles and really haven't had an issue) or do I want to put the whole setup on Ebay and turn them into Christmas Cash... :notworthy:

Tony

C-Series14

I ran duals on my C-161 with the FEL and it was more stable but the drawbacks outweighed the benefits. Plowing snow they stuck out too far, going through gates, and just plain wide! Of course, mine were 23x10.50-12's that I had doubled up!!! :notworthy:

d180man

Hi yes they help i like duals on a fel but there is times it may be to wide but i still like to have a set when i need them! :notworthy: :thumbs: