norman

Single stage blower on a 414-8 tactor

norman

I am getting ready to install a snowblower on my 414-8 (with a 16 hp K series transplant thanks to Rideawaysenior). I am having my doubts here in Northern Maine we get alot of snow and I would like to have people send me pics or videos of one working in a foot of snow plus....

I will have pics of it soon with the cab on and everything and we havent gotten any snow yet......

We missed the 4 to 6 inches we were supposed to get...

Sparky

Norman, if the snow is light and fluffy it will chuck it just fine no matter how deep. Actually I think deeper is better as my blower doesnt throw a 2" snowfall as far as a 6"-12" snowfall. Wet snow is a problem for these blowers so make sure that the chute is nice and smooth( paint it ) and use something like Pam cooking spray or any other type of spray lube in the chute to help prevent the snow from sticking.

Make sure you have plenty of weight and use chains if possible for maximum traction.

Mike......

Jim_M

I think you'll be surprised what a single stage blower can do.

I don't even get my blower out unless there's a foot or more of snow, I use the blade instead.

The good thing about a single stage blower is that they're light enough to raise up off the ground and take a couple of "cuts" without taking too much weight off the rear of the tractor.

Just run the tractor full throttle and drive fast enough to keep the blower full but not fast enough to overload it. You'll figure it out the first time you use it.

I really like hydro tractor for a blower but I've run them on gear drive tractors too with great success.

norman

Norman, if the snow is light and fluffy it will chuck it just fine no matter how deep. Actually I think deeper is better as my blower doesnt throw a 2" snowfall as far as a 6"-12" snowfall. Wet snow is a problem for these blowers so make sure that the chute is nice and smooth( paint it ) and use something like Pam cooking spray or any other type of spray lube in the chute to help prevent the snow from sticking.

Make sure you have plenty of weight and use chains if possible for maximum traction.

Mike......

Thanks Guys

defed

i've used my C-195 the last 2 yrs w/ blower. i'm near Buffalo, NY, so we get some snow. it works alot better than i thought it would, but even w/ 19 HP, it's easy to bog it down w/ too much snow. but, like others mentioned, if you don't give it enough snow, it won't work as well. it's a balancing act.

this year, i have a D-160...i have my doubts about how well it will work w/ a bigger blower (48" vs 42") and less HP (16 vs 19). i get alot of drifting, and that packs the snow pretty hard. this is very difficult, you have to nibble thru it. when it gets too bad, i use my dad's 4x4 compact and 5' or 6' blower.

can whlvr

i too have a 414-8 with a single stage and this is going to be my first year with it also,i also have the c160 auto with a blower so i can choose wich one will work best 003-7.jpg

norman

I found a video of my 42" tall chute in about 8"-10" of the white stuff.

Mike........

[url=http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc172/sparkiees66/?action=view

CasualObserver

norman... check these out... a few threads from MaineDad (Micah) he lives in or just outside of New Gloucester.

A Horse Ride in the Snow

A Beautiful Night of Snow Removal

First Snow pics of Winter 2008-2009

and in this one you can see exactly what the equipment is in the other threads... a C-160 and a 314-8, single stage thrower and a blade.

My Maine Snow Team

MaineDad

Norman,

It will handle it, no worries...

Just make sure you keep the auger full and use low one if necessary...

Thanks for the links Jason!

kajamo240

You guys are getting me all excited to use my blower for the first time! The snow just cant come soon enough!!!

Confused99

You guys are getting me all excited to use my blower for the first time! The snow just cant come soon enough!!!

I hear ya. We need some snow.

Jason

can whlvr

i too am awaiting to use a wheelhorse blower for the first time,we got a dusting last night so it wont be long :notworthy:

kajamo240

I hear ya. We need some snow.

Jason, our 10 day is looking pretty promising!!!

rickv1957

I think that your snowblower will work just fine on your 414,Rick

Confused99

Jason, our 10 day is looking pretty promising!!!

:notworthy: I seen that. I am picking up the 520H this weekend but probably won't have it ready if we get snow during the week next week. The blower is hooked up to the 312H right now so it will have to do.

Fingers crossed.

Jason

norman

I think that your snowblower will work just fine on your 414,Rick

Yes I am sure it will now that you all convinced me....

norman

Norman,

It will handle it, no worries...

Just make sure you keep the auger full and use low one if necessary...

Thanks for the links Jason!

Thanks Maine Dad