Sign in to follow this  
ron2681

211-5 Transmission

ron2681

Ive got a 211-5, Im in the middle of putting a tiller behind it. Do these units have strong transmissions? If not, is there a transmission out of another tractor that would swap in that is strong, or in case mine breaks?

tranders

I can't imagine the transaxle in your 211-5 lasting very long with a tiller behind it.

Any of the 900 series Peerless transaxles would probably work,but with no strength advantage.

Mow the lawn with the 211-5 and find a more suitable GT to till the garden. Just my .02

engine2quarters

Ditto the lawn mower, not a real strong tranny. The tiller is listed as an accessory to the 211-5, as is the blower and plow. I'll be playing with a blower this winter, with a plow on a Craftsman as a backup, just in case something breaks.

Rideawaysenior

The tiller should work okay. The only real stress caused by a tiller is the weight placed on the axle when it's in the air. The tranny really doesn't work hard when the tiller is on the ground and working. I've got a D160 and at times that tiller will push the tractor forward. That particular peerless has a bit of a different design then the others for light ground engaging work. As far as snow plowing, they are okay too for light work. I wouldn't go dozing dirt or gravel, or heavy wet snow but for powder they will work. Most damage occurs when solid objects are hit at faster speeds. I've broken axles, hubs and even trans casings when I was a kid with my C125 plowing in third gear.