Sign in to follow this  
rickv1957

Grandsons 702

rickv1957

Grandsons 702 with sand blasted and painted wheels and new rubber,8.50 lugs and 3.50 ribs, looks a little different!,Rick

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, Rick. :thumbs: Wheels and tires look great. :notworthy:

Hammerhead

Nice looking 702 !! I like the wide meats on the rear. It's always good to get new rubber on fresh rims! :thumbs: If you take #0000 steel wool (finest you can buy) and WD40 to the rusty paint on the hood and fenders, you will be amazed at how much red paint is still left on there! You won't even have to paint this one, at least for now... :WRS: ...But don't use any courser steel wool on it, it gets scratched with that type. Try it and see how it looks, lotsa elbo grease too. It's a trick I invented to make these look good. :notworthy: Keith

Water works just as good. I see your dog is about to check out your new tires! :)

rickv1957

Keith I will try that as tractor wont get paint till spring,that is my wheelhorse buddy,Sable,Rick

Hammerhead

000_0189.jpg

Hello Rick, Here's a barn tractor I found a while back. It looked fried until I cleaned it up with the fine steel wool and a bucket of water :thumbs: . I did the complete tractor and you'd never know it was rusty looking before! This is my well kept secret I am passing on to all :notworthy: . It works great... KJ

rickv1957

WOW,that makes a big difference,I will have to try that,thanks for the tip,Rick

stevasaurus

nice 702 Rick...I like that steelwool idea. Acetone works also, but the steelwool has got to be a much safer way to go. :notworthy:

landsurveyor

Nice looking machine - they are VERY rare in the uk, looks great, I hope your grandson enjoys it.

What width rims are the 3.50 tri ribs ftted to? Would love to get some of those for my charger 12.

Simon

clintonnut

NICE TRACTOR.

Now just take the mower off, put a tongue hitch on it (found on later horses) and go pullin!!!!! :notworthy:

I've tried that steel wool trick myself, works great!

Charlie

DMESS

I see now that your 702 had the headlight kit on it at one time. There weren't any lights on it when you brought it home were there?

rickv1957

Dustin,no there was no lights,willhave to weld them holes up but did pickup another 702 with the hy-2 and will install on this tractor,Rick

Ken B

Its amazing what a fresh set of tires can do.

whfan74

Rick that looks like one straight machine! Great condition! :notworthy:

Wheels look fantastic and those tri ribs really set the tractor off! Your grandson is going to have a ball on that beauty!

rickv1957

Looking forward to making the 702 ready for snow so son and grandson can try it out,Rick