gattonde

Looks good Steve, now you (are your daughter) can get ready for the snow. LOL

Dan

Indy w h

Glad to have helped ya!!!!!!!

Suburban 550

Way to go, Steve. :thumbs: I knew you could do it. :notworthy:

Lane Ranger

Steve: You have done a very good job here of providing a great tutorial on HOW TO DO these hydraulic pump rebuilds.

I am ready to tear into one of old unused 1054 hyraulic pumps we have in my dad's parts shed.

Thank you for taking the time to share this and provide the details on your progress and process!

This is what makes Red Square a tremendous resource for we old Wheel Horse fans!

:notworthy:

rickv1957

I am ready to rebuild my pump as soon as Indy gets a kit ready for me!,Rick

linen beige

Hey Steve, Wait till you start playing with the blade in some dirt. The down pressure from this lift turns these little 702s into mini-dozers! You'll be looking for things to dig up.

stevasaurus

Thanks for the nice comments guys...I had a great time doing this and had good people behind me. Lane you are right, this is a special place. I even got Linen (Jim) to type "hooby dooby". How great is that? :notworthy:

linen beige

I even got Linen (Jim) to type "hooby dooby". How great is that? :thumbs:

Yea? But I had to do it twice to get the spelling right. :notworthy:

Pullstart

@stevasaurus I found this thread and am thinking I’ll put it to good use!  After a day of plowing, the lift doesn’t like the weight of my plow.  If I help lift it, it’ll hold it up... but doesn't want to lift by itself.  I bet it’s lived long enough and can use a little freshening up :handgestures-thumbupright:

stevasaurus

@pullstart  Kevin, if the lift stays up by itself, you are probably just low on fluid.  If it bleeds down, and it may in the long run anyway, then it could be the washers in the cylinder.  The hydraulics in the HY-2 are a push / pull in the cylinder.  That is, the cylinder is always full of fluid, the piston is just pushed from one end or the other.  Try adding about 1 cp of fluid and see if it is OK after that.  :occasion-xmas:

Lane Ranger was selling seals and such if you need parts.  Lowell may have them also now.

• Like 1

Pullstart

I’ll run a dipstick in and see if it’s low.  No whining or anything... and I tried to add fluid but possibly it didn’t have an adequate way to burp the air out.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

The air in hydraulics bleeded normally itself by hydraulic is moved from end to end.

may it depends few movements more to bleed completely 

By the way, if you bleeded the Hydraulics, the air will be bound in Hydraulicfluid,

depending on viscosity it can happen few minute to release the Air out of Fluid.

The bleeding happend to fillercap normally.

Edited by Tractorhead
Added text.