Sign in to follow this  
refracman

Gettin ready for spring

refracman

Well havent posted in a while, been out in the shop workin at gettin the herd ready for spring. Did a tear down and rebiuld on the loader gt and rototiller gt, new bushings, new front axel rod, steering gear shaft, new trunion and brake shaft seals, hydro gasket, strainer and fuild change on the trans, drive belt, new wiring and switches ( were needed ), tune up, oil change and some other things i can't remember right now. Both are ready for some work now.

And since the shop was empty and a friend said he heard of gt needin a new home i went and got it. Picked it up sat and its been cleaned and tore down and its back in the puttin together stage now.

Also meet Jim in Ft. Wayne on the way back, Super nice guy, hey Jim hope to make it a little earlier next time, and we can BS a little more.

Anyway heres a couple of pics of the latest before and in the shop

69gt08.jpg

69gt08a.jpg

019-1.jpg

Jim_M

Steve,

Be careful, if you make it too early and we have too much time, I'll put you to work!

Seriously though, if we have enough daylight maybe I can talk you into helping put that deck on the GT-14. I figure you're an expert at it.

Jim

refracman

Jim, I wouldn't call me an expert, but I can fake it with the best of them :thumbs: . I would be more than happy to help you out with the deck :thumbs: .

glenn27

Hello-Steve! Another Gt, huh? How many, now? :thumbs:

T-Mo

Steve,

It looks like your work is cut out for you. The photo of it in the shop, isn't it hard to steer with the steering wheel at it's new location? :thumbs:

refracman

Glenn,

Howdy, well lets see, countin the new one and not countin the parts GTs it would be 7. This latest one has some some rarer parts on it, original 69 seat ( good cond.), 3 pc rototiller pulley set up and 69 3pt upper arms and lower bracket, best of all the engine was rebuilt in 04 and was parked in late 05.

refracman

Terry

Ya its a little tuff :thumbs: , but the throttle cable didnt have the right retaining nut on it plus the wireing needs some attention so off it comes. Workin on them is what i like best, keeps me out of trouble :thumbs:

oldandred

Well havent posted in a while, been out in the shop workin at gettin the herd ready for spring. Did a tear down and rebiuld on the loader gt and rototiller gt, new bushings, new front axel rod, steering gear shaft, new trunion and brake shaft seals, hydro gasket, strainer and fuild change on the trans, drive belt, new wiring and switches ( were needed ), tune up, oil change and some other things i can't remember right now. Both are ready for some work now.

And since the shop was empty and a friend said he heard of gt needin a new home i went and got it. Picked it up sat and its been cleaned and tore down and its back in the puttin together stage now.

Also meet Jim in Ft. Wayne on the way back, Super nice guy, hey Jim hope to make it a little earlier next time, and we can BS a little more.

Anyway heres a couple of pics of the latest before and in the shop

Now seeing this gt14 makes me want to start on mine but the 754,s are frist in line with one down one half way and two untouched.

OOOOOOO when will it ever end :thumbs:

oldandred

my my I pushed the wrong key again :imstupid:

refracman

Well the GTs been out of the shop for a while, but its done for now, runs good and it even looks a might sight better. This i believe is the one getting the OE loader, when i find the time.

Here be some pics and vids for your veiwing enjoyment :thumbs:

And remember i aint Steven Speilburg

th_001.jpg

th_002.jpg

PictureorVideo037.jpg

PictureorVideo035.jpg

Stigian

Nice vid's Steve :thumbs:

That sure sounds a sweet engine :thumbs:

T-Mo

I'll have to wait until I get to work to enjoy the video, darn dial-up here at home. But judging from the pictures, it looks good. :thumbs: