Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Advice Needed

Prater

I am planning to build a puller for next season here in Oklahoma. I have the rules online and think that modified will be my class. I have the 502 frame that I want to use with an 8 speed. I know its a short frame but I am stuck on the idea right now. The class allows me to extend weight out front, they measure 8 foot from the centerline of the rear axle. Any advice that you can share would really be appreciated.

Here are the rules class:

http://www.okgtpa.com/Modified%20Rules%202003.htm

and the eligibility rules:

http://www.okgtpa.com/Eligiabilty%20of%20tractors%202003.htm

Again just looking for general advice.

Steven

KeithB

Here is how we do the weight bars on a long frame stocker. it pops into the front two hitches. Then slides out and locks. If yo ulike i can take a picture of the front weight bar extended.

WHP12_1.jpg

Prater

Keith,

Are you using the rear WH bracket that the tiller and blade attache? Looks like standard square tube like class 3 hitches.

How much will the short frame handicap me, or do you think it would be competitive with the right weight combo, and of course a good driver...LOL

Prater

I now have a long frame that I just recieved. I may use it and the rear end with a round hood body and 16HP kohler I have. I will have to mock it up and see how it looks. I also just recieved some 12x10.5 wheels from a construction mover and will be looking for some 26x12-12 tires. My class rules alow 54" in width so I will make a spacer to set my rear wheels at that width.

Anyone have some good plans for building the rear hitch or am I better off buying the one already available?

KeithB

the mid weight bracket is home made, but bolts to holes that exist in the frame, we hang homemade lead suitcase weights on there. flip um back for more traction forward for less.

i don't know anyone who pulls the short frame.

Prater

Thanks Keith,

I thought the short frame would be cool, but the frame has a lot of stress cracks on it and would need considerable welding. I have 300 to 400 pounds of JINMA suitcase weights for my bar when I get to that point.