Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Trip to the museum..

Rollerman

Guys again thought I'd share some pics...No Mike I didn't buy another tractor... :D

I pave for a liveing & sometimes you come across an individual that wants his drive paved...& it's longer than a county road.

Well today was one of them days & the owner was very cool a polite.

But best of all he let us tour his "private" museum of Elcar's & Peddle Car's...about 400 of them!

Elcars were built in my hometown of Elkhart,IN from 1916 to 1932.

I really can't say much about the peddle cars other than I had no idea there was such a variety!

Anyways thought I share some pics...was really jaw dropping to see how devoted he is to his hobby!

Stephen in northern IN

NeatElcardisplay.jpg

RowofElcars.jpg

Peddlecarsondisplay1.jpg

gilmoretractortrailerabove.jpg

DusenburgaCord.jpg

CatDozer.jpg

RollsRoyce.jpg

Tanks.jpg

nylyon

Wow, that is some collection and so clean and well presented, it must be nicer in person. Did he restore them himself, or acquire them that way? Either way, that would be something to see, thanks for taking the pictures, and thanks to him for giving you the tour!

Rollerman

Karl I'm not sure on those answers yet. :P

I was busy takeing pics with my "phone" as the other 6 guys on the crew drilled him with questions.

He gave me a phone number & I plan on going back with my father & will ask those questions actually. :(

I know a few of the "Elcars" came from the "Ray Miller auto museum" in Elkhart.

When he died the cars were auctioned off sadley.

Good to see some local private collectors were able to keep some of Elkharts past on display for others to see.

All's I can say is he is dedicated & a very polite host.

LOL...How many collectors would let 7 guys dirty & sweating from paveing in there pristine private museum! :D

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

Hey, maybe you can give him a discount if he gave you one of those.... When I got my driveway redone, I gave the contractor a Mach I Mustang (4-Speed) to knock a couple hundred off the tag.