Sign in to follow this  
Jesse James

sundstrand hydrolic lift

Jesse James

I have a C-121 Hydro that had a mechanical lift and now I have converted it to hydraulic lift.... But I have found out that it will not work until you change over the implement lift valves from the plugs to a ball (or needle) with a spring. I purchased all the parts I need but.... when I got the shim pack, I got an assortment. When I look at the Sundstrand repair manual in regards to the difference it just says to make sure that the original shim pack is in the spring cavity. :notworthy: Has anybody done this conversion before? So I guess my real question is how do I shim the spring? In the attached file I am referring to items 47-54. The repair manual I am looking at is 492-4206 (formerly A-1391, 803402) pg. 35-38 (Toro has it titled sunhydro-2)

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-74-1257428532.gif

Duff

Jesse, :thumbs: !

Glad to have you aboard!

I don't have your answer but others will be along, I'm sure, who will. If you haven't been following us, we're not a chat room, but rather a forum. This means that it may take a bit for someone who has an answer to see your post, but with over 2,000 members you can pretty much bet someone among us will be able and more than willing to help you!

I only make the distinction between the forum and chat room thing because we've had a few folks join who thought they were getting into a chat room and were disappointed when answers didn't come immediately. The breadth of knowledge around here is pretty awesome, so with patience we can get almost anything answered.

Again, welcome aboard!

Duff :notworthy:

• Like 1

Sarge

According to what I've read in the Sundstrand hydraulic manual, those shims set the final lift system pressure. That manual is available for download, enter the model number of the C series under the manual section at the Toro Consumer site. There will be a list of owners, parts and service manuals for that machine including the Sundstrand manual. It does explain in detail how to set the shim pack for pressure. I suppose maybe someone could pull their cap/spring out and see what number/thickness of shims comes stock but it all depends on how much flow the pump is building.

I had an older model HY-6 lift that acted very weak and slow, replacing the one spring that was still available from Toro helped a lot but that pump has since died. Just finally got wore out. The C-series pumps seem a lot stronger or if nothing else just don't have the age/hours on them.

Sarge

tophatbufflo

Yahoo has groups that you can join called wheelhorse manualsnumbered 1-8. They have a section called files that havea section called files and they contain a large number of manuals like at the Toro site.