Sign in to follow this  
baerpath

1968 6-6211 snowblower

baerpath

Will this blower fit a 1045 ? It came with the Raider 10's Looks like it had minimal use Paint is still on the edges of the flites.

Duane

TT

The thrower will physically bolt on to the 1045, but the lift tube (if it's there) will need shortened.

The problem you will run in to is no PTO clutch on the 1045. You'll either have to find an engine pulley like a 1056 has so you can bolt on a PTO clutch, (or the rare kit like Kevin has) or you'll have to find the stuff for the thrower to change it "back" to the ST-326 style with the belt tensioner on the mounting frame.

st326drive.jpg

baerpath

You got to be kidding ?? Thats the one I need in the picture ? :thumbs: I have that blower with the second tensioner pulley model 6-6211 Only thing missing is the tensioner spring :thumbs:

:D Duane :P

I like :D like :P

Sorry talked to relative in Cali every other word was :P

TT

ST-326 superceeded to 6-2211.

The tensioner spring is P/N 6651 and is still available for about $7.00 (or at the hardware store for $3.00 :thumbs: )

I also have a copy of the manual here (with the supplement for installing the correct tensioner spacer) if you need anything. :thumbs:

baerpath

I guess it stays then :thumbs:

Do you have a cross for napa for the belt I need. I might play with the 1045 got it running just added a battery and fresh 110 octane Along with cleaning the points and dumping something out of the carb bowl :thumbs:

TT

The OEM drive belt for the 6-2211 thrower is #1589 which crosses to GATES 6857. According to the book, the belt is 57" long X 1/2" wide.

Rollerman

Not to cut in on your thread Duane...

But I have an early Lawn Ranger snow blower NOS....but I'm missing that bracket for the belt tensioner & related hardwear....if any one had one laying around. :thumbs:

It came with a Lawn Ranger I picked up in IL a while back...most of the parts were still wrapped up in that paper packing....except that bracket. :thumbs: