Sign in to follow this  
chris11

My first puller

chris11

Hello All, Im starting a puller build. i was converting my charger 12. into a 8 speed. Thanks to Mike for your help with tran. So im looking to see what i need to do, and there is two cracks in the mount for the tranny. well a friend had this old chassis kicking around so i cut the back off. . ill post pics .

Sparky

Hey Chris. If you hit a snag with pic posting send em to me and I'll get em on for ya.

Good luck with the build :scratchead: !

Mike........

chris11

heres the rear plate

Attached Image

post-39-1256888565.jpg

bitten

Chris

That happens. Repair the cracks and weld a 1/4" plate to the other side of frame that tranny attaches to. Make your plate big enough to weld to the angle iron frame and cover the tranny footprint. Drill your holes and add longer bolts. Some people add a brace running from the frame rails to the bottom of the plate that was welded in.

Good Luck,

P.J.

canam1991

Heres mine

wheelhorse032.jpg

chris11

Well i got a rear plate off a old bent frame, as i was cutting it off. i was thinking i could make a complete new frame. i had some 2 inch angle so im going to make it 4 inches longer.

chris11

Im having a hard time up loading pics. heres the frame as of now

chris11

I picked up most of the parts i needed from Tony. Blasting parts getting them ready for paint.

ChrisPuller.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage1.jpg

newimage2.jpg

rickv1957

Chris,looks like great work there on your frame,Rick

KeithB

very nice work, our clubs here don't allow us to lengthen the frame in stock classes

here is my 12 HP stock:

WHP12_1.jpg

WHP12_3.jpg

WHP12_4.jpg

• Like 1

MRM

What kind of pulling will you be doing? Stone boat or transfur sled. Most clubs don't allow custom frames they have to be stock, In my area any ways. Our local clubs only pull stone boat. I use a stock C-121 with stock turf tires that is scaled in at 2000lbs. on a good clay track i can pull 6000lbs. Only blew the 8spd once and it was only a axle bearing that went.

chris11

Ill be doing stone boat. I did end up cutting frame back down to size.Everyone told me to make it the same as stock.

wh200141.jpg

wh200171.jpg

wh200191.jpg

wh200211.jpg

• Like 1

chris11

as you can see I made new steering shafts, and put a bronze bushing in., Now heres some new pictures of the rear , Check out the tail light. filled the seat holes in. also cut corners on front of fenders

000_01711.jpg

000_01701.jpg

000_01691.jpg

000_0168_001.jpg

• Like 2

KeithB

looking good :notworthy:

Sparky

Chris. That tail light is HOT!! What a cool modification.

Mike.......

rickv1957

Chris,your tractor is looking very good,great work,Rick

WHC-125

Chris, really nice work!!! :thumbs: And great craftsmanship on the tail light! :notworthy:

whfan74

That is starting to shape up real nice! I agree that tail light looks sweet! :notworthy:

dadstractor1

have pulled horses a lot started with 656 3speed broke a lot :notworthy: put in 8 speed never broke again 12 horse egine had troble keeping frountend down :thumbs: made next one from c 121 12hp does not work well :WRS: but good luck :banghead: kick cubs but :)

chris11

Thanks for the coments guys. I got some more mods im going to do. wait till you see the twin carbs

chris11

Sorry for the delay on pictures. I have been busy at work Building a GTO. Also i have Sparky load them for me. Great guy. Anyway i hope you like what i got done so far. :thumbs:

Stress Test Pullin

nice work with the rear light and all, but im curious to know what class your are building this for, and is that a briggs twin? you might want to be cautious with those with a twin carb set up, it doesn't take much to white wash the cylinders in know this the hard wash i post up a pic later of why, but good luck to ya, looks good so far :thumbs:

d180man

heres the rear plate

Hi looks like my old one i have but it has 4 cracks but nice work look great keep it up ! :thumbs: :banghead:

Sparky

Heres the pics Chris sent me. WAY COOL!!

new20pics20wheel20horse200051.jpg

new20pics20wheel20horse200061.jpg

new20pics20wheel20horse200071.jpg

new20pics20wheel20horse200081.jpg

Mike.........

• Like 1

chris11

Im building that twin briggs to take both those carbs. Im building as a puller. but more for fun. i have the new rear ags just got to order rear rims. Paint is going to be base coat clear coat. 62 ferrrari red. i have spare engine to mods too. Thank you Mike