Sign in to follow this  
baerpath

Thoughts on powder coating

baerpath

Anyone had one powder coated ? Thoughts ? :thumbs:

Duane

Jim_M

Duane,

I'll let you know soon. I send a truckload of stuff out from work to be powdercoated every week.

I talked to them about doing a hood and fender for me, and they're going to run it through with the next load from work.

They do nice work and the stuff is tough, I had to get some off of some mounting pads that they forgot to mask, I was using a heavy wire brush on a 3600 rpm grinder and all I was doing for a long while was taking the shine off it. It took quite a bit to get it off.

Jim

Kelly

I had a guy do some at his house for me it turned out OK, but I've seen the pro stuff it's very nice, A friend of mine just last week told me though the shop he works at, they send stuff to another shop, and they told him $.99 a hook for the color they are running at the time. I think that is cheap, he's checking on what special colors will cost. The shop that does it is an hour drive, but if I take a bunch of stuff, it would be worth it. I've been thinking about a home kit from Eastwood for the small stuff, Like the siver control arms and levers, that were diped or cad plated, instead of painting them silver. Eastwood sells cad kits also. They are a auto restoration supply co. lots of neat stuff.

baerpath

A pro place would do the whole tractor I have to remove rear, motor, steering wheel and spindles. Anything that 350F would melt or make run They bead blast it and paint it one color only IH red

Duane