Sign in to follow this  
bork

mounting

bork

This is alittle embarassing, but what is the best technique for getting on & off ? :scratchead: I have a 1057. I want to show my wife how to operate the snow blade , If I happen to be away. I dont want to have her roll off onto ground. (at least wait till I have camara ready!) :hide: I'm in average shape & find it a little awkward. Any tips appreciated.

W9JAB

:hide: I like cowboy style rear mounting :scratchead:

daemon2525

Everyone thinks that this is funny except myself :scratchead:

I have a 1057 and got off with it running, swinging my right leg under the steering wheel, kicking the thing in gear and running over the back of my left leg.

The tractor climbed up the back of my calf.

I was embarassed to say the least.

EDIT: if my wife runs it I am going to insist that it is turned off while getting on or off.

TT

I use the "step across and flop down on the seat" technique for the stirrup tractors.

You can see it in the first few seconds of this

:scratchead:

bork

No hemroids there! LOL whats the weird noise. Drive belt guard?

TT

whats the weird noise. Drive belt guard?

That tractor was completely under water at least once and the tranz was still full of water when I got it. As stated in the video, it definitely needs bearings. (or a tranz swap) I just haven't made myself do it yet.

I rarely use it, so I just keep it full of clean oil. :scratchead:

pbradley68

I prefer the Dukes of Hazard mount (slide across the hood and jump in the seat) :scratchead:

Crow Horse

I've found that planting one's arse into the seat from either side, then swinging the appropriate leg up and over the steering wheel & hood. Less likely to kick it into gear while it's running.

When I first received my B-80 my bro-in-law had it running in the back of his pickup as I set the ramps in position. He tried to get on but managed to kick it into gear and it lurched forward (fortunately) into the back of the cab. Good thing it didn't go into reverse. That would have ruined my day for sure....

Gerry w

:ychain: I like cowboy style rear mounting :hide:

:ychain: THAT"S what I thought of when I saw this post! First a little wine....then some music... :scratchead:

travisg84

don't wear shorts with a hydro i was going to move one forward after I loaded it in the truck and motion lever got hung up in the shorts backwards we went I managed to hit the ramps half way even. :scratchead:

nylyon

I'm on the taller side 6'1", so I usually stand on the board, and put my other leg over the wheel. My daughter, stands on the board, sits on the seat then brings her leg through the middle, this is an automatic though without a shifter in the middle.

bork

:ychain: THAT"S what I thought of when I saw this post! First a little wine....then some music... :scratchead:

Yup, I even reworded it a few times before I actually posted it. OIY! The visuals! :ychain: LOL

and good idea having engine turned off!!! It would be just a matter of time before I found out the hard way!

linen beige

I bought a 857 last week. My first model of this style. The seller started it and as I was getting on it I kicked the shifter into 3rd. Luckily I was able to jump into the seat and slam the brake pedal down. :hide:

I've found this model to be kinda hard to get on and off of since it has no footboards to step up onto. I've also found that when using the seat back as a handhold while swinging a leg over it helps to have the seat/fender pan locked down. :scratchead:

Coadster32

As a motorcycle rider, I enter from the left side, and swing the leg over the back. As it turns out, Wheel Horse exhaust in on the right side also. Just a good habit I guess. :scratchead:

MaineDad

I've had 9 knee surgeries on my right knee, so I must mount from the right side of the tractor and swing my good left leg over the steering wheel. I'm 6.3, with 36" long legs, so it's not too hard...

Here's a picture of my knee for those of you eating lunch

OpenDebrid.jpg :scratchead:

bork

I've had 9 knee surgeries on my right knee, so I must mount from the right side of the tractor and swing my good left leg over the steering wheel. I'm 6.3, with 36" long legs, so it's not too hard...

Here's a picture of my knee for those of you eating lunch

OpenDebrid.jpg:scratchead:

I think a zipper would be a better option for your knee!

stevasaurus

Hey Jim (linen)...you are right about the 857...hardest horse to mount in my book...always make sure the seat is latched...tractor not running...and I still think that I have not got on the same way twice. Now the 502 & 702...run toward the back of the horse...hit the seat with both hands and lift yourself up and land right in the seat...just like Gene Autry used to do. remember him? :scratchead:

Mainedad...you need a different Horse Doctor maybe.. :hide:

bmuone

Now that's a good way to get promoted from the back row of the choir to the front row.....

bitten

Its a horse always mount from the left side :scratchead:

Duff

Are we riding 'em English or Western style? Maybe we should consult the lads from across the pond? :hide:

Duff :scratchead:

Redbird

I'm only 5' 1" :scratchead:

Getting on and off my bigger tractors 312-8 and C-160, ( big for me) I stand on the left--lift my right leg up onto the seat--grab the back of the seat with my right hand and the steering wheel with the other and with a little hop---pull myself up. When geting off--I swing my right leg over the steering wheel and lift handle, to the left, turnig sidways, place both feet on the running board, then get off from there. I know the feeling about the knee surgery--I've had 3 and next one will be a total replacement.

As for my Suburban, I can just about step OVER that one :hide: