HorseFixer

Dukes Snow Blower Automation

Gerry w

Sweet work and VERY nice beads!!! I find the cab to be warm enough with just the heat from the engine area coming back into the cab naturally. And I'm in Northern Vermont 15 miles from Canada.

Having dealt with VW's I'm always worried about exhaust flumes from those boxes....

That blower set up is going to be GREAT!! :scratchead:

stevasaurus

caught up on the thread Duke...cant' wait to see here done. :scratchead:

WheelHorse_of_course

Awesome Duuuuuuuke!

:scratchead:

bitten

Duke

If you could duct the air being blown over the engine into your cab that might do it. I have warmed my hands there. I have thought about useing a heat riser set up were the engine compartment is coverd up except were the air intake shroud comes in and the exhaust goes out. Cover up the bottum and remove the shifter cover to force the warm air to enter the cab. I useally really think hard about this when Im out there removeing snow. Good thing I have warm clothes :scratchead:

Operator

Looks good Duke! The one of mine I just pull a baggy over it and ty rap it tight. I took it off when I sent you the pictures of mine.

Be carefull when blowing in engine heat for the carbon monoxide, hate to see something happen to you.

As far as putting flood lights on your cab, you'll be looking through the blowing snow and it won't be fun. Better to put them under windshield by door hinges.

A small fan will help with the window fogging problem.

Be safe, Randy

HorseFixer

Thanks guy's! :scratchead: I did a little painting in the Chute, And today I recieved my 8" actuator. I went to work

and Fabbed & built a couple of SS mounting brackets for the actuator. Installed & Here are some pics!

SNOWMACHINE001.jpg

SNOWMACHINE002.jpg

SNOWMACHINE003.jpg

SNOWMACHINE004.jpg

SNOWMACHINE005.jpg

SNOWblowerMACHINE0018.jpg

th_PA270024.jpg

KyBlue

Looks Good Duke!

Gerry w

That's some clean work, VERY nice. You should make, and sell, complete kits, they would sell!

Really nice work. :scratchead:

WHC-125

Very nice work Duke! :scratchead:

HorseFixer

Here is the Snow Blower Chute In full action! :scratchead:

Motorized Snowblower Chute

Coadster32

Great work!! Thanks for posting this last video so we could see it in action. Can't wait to see it throw snow over your house! Perhaps readjusting the high revs on your engine, or a redone pully ratio, for a little extra distance. :scratchead:

Duff

Duke, like so many of the other guys on here, you are one clever sonuvagun! NICE work! :scratchead:

Duff :hide:

KyBlue

Chris...Dont give him any idea's!!! Shhhh!!

Suburban 550

Great job, Duke. :scratchead: Bet you can't wait for the snow to fall. :hide:

HorseFixer

Duke, like so many of the other guys on here, you are one clever sonuvagun! NICE work! :scratchead:

Duff :hide:

Thanks Guys! :ychain:

Ray, ya know if this contraption works as well as I hope it will, I just might hate for winter to end! :ychain: Did I just say I liked Winter? :ychain:

bk-scouter

Love the last video. Well done Duke!! :scratchead:

-BK

HorseFixer

Thanks BK, I have been extremely busy the past couple days rebuilt the carb in the C-120, replaced points, condenser, spark plug, plug wire, changed oil in engine, replaced some fuel line, Installed new fuel filter, replaced air cleaner, replaced 2 leaking hydraulic hoses to the cylinder, have a new battery and am fixing to change out ALL the battery cables to 4ga. I painted the battery box and have been touching up the tractor all over with val spar. Haven't been doing the best prep job nor paint job but I wanted to seal up the rust at least to keep the metal from rusting further till I can get to it and do a better job.

SNOWMACHINE001-1.jpg

SNOWMACHINE005a.jpg

SNOWMACHINE004-1.jpg

I said earlier that I wanted to get some heat in the cab off the engine and figured a small fan would be in order, but the less amount of amperage I could use the better. :hide: Well I got to feeling around and at high throttle around the engine head opposite of the flywheels side and there is one hellofa lot of air coming out in the space circled above. :scratchead: I purchased some 3" Silicone Flex tubing and will be making a shield deflector scoop and attach it to the 3" tubing that will take heat up to 600deg and run it into the cab next to the dash columb and the hydraulic lift lever this should provide one heck of alot of heat into the cab. Since I will only be using this machine in winter any restriction across the head for cooling the cylinder head should be a Non Issue but I will take digital temp readings with infra red thermometers. I have the snow cab panels over to a seamstress gal I know getting sewed up I have the matching fabric, edge material and zippers to replace and patch anything that is damaged. I will also be painting all the framework of the cab this weekend. As you can see I have much to do to get ready for the first snow fall! :ychain:

HorseFixer

Went to Lowe's this morning and got some vinyl rubber matting and cut and installed in the battery tray and cut some for the footrests. This stuff is only $2.47 per foot. It's so easy to cut and install caveman can do it! :hide: I then installed the battery and the new 4 ga. battery cables. I picked up a couple new Sylvania 1156A Silver-star bulbs. I polished the light lens in front and used some NOVUS plastic polish for that. I then installed the new bulbs, and what a difference those make! :scratchead: Here are some pics.

SNOWMACHINE007.jpg

SNOWMACHINE009.jpg

SNOWMACHINE016.jpg

1156SILVERSTAR.jpg

SNOWMACHINE011.jpg

Operator

As always - looking good Duke!!

I really like the mats!

Randy

KyBlue

They came out good Duke.

d180man

Hi very nice job looks cool!! :scratchead: :hide:

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, my friend. :scratchead:

captjake

Duke, I bet you spent enough money that you could pay someone to plow your driveway for the next 4 years. But that wouldn't be any fun. :scratchead:

oldandred

Duke, I bet you spent enough money that you could pay someone to plow your driveway for the next 4 years. But t

hat wouldn't be any fun. :scratchead:

havent you heard Duke has a money tree out back well he did untill he run out of ink and paper

Havent you heard duke has a money tree out back well atleast untill he run out of ink and paper

HorseFixer

Havent you heard duke has a money tree out back well atleast untill he run out of ink and paper

Jerry I spent most of my money on Whiskey And Women! :hide: The rest I just plain Wasted! :scratchead: