Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Visited a friend & did some horse tradin

Rollerman

Went & visited a Wheel Horse friend up north this weekend.

Did a little tradeing, hung out, Look over some of his collection & Son and I even got to drive a few! :P

I picked up another D series..this one's a D 160 & my son got himself a Work Horse "scooter"

D's sick & will need some engine work...someone put a 20HP K series twin in it.

It's dead on one side so I plan on putting a K341 back in.

Anyways here are a few pics of the two I brought home & son and I driveing a few.

Stephen in northern IN....with a full garage again.

76D160.jpg

D 160

0812071159a.jpg

Tay's new scooter

0.jpg

Bob R's masterpeice articulated 4X4 D

0811071834a.jpg

Lil ol me on Bob's creation :D

0811072020.jpg

My son On Bobs custom Toro/Wheel Horse W/front assist

nylyon

You did good with that D, but the 4x4 D is out of this world. He did a really nice job on that, sure hope he shows it. Invite him aboard, would love to see more pictures of that. Also, never saw a workhorse mower like that one, thought workhorse were all lawn / garden tractors.

Rollerman

I don't know to much about the Workhorse yet Karl, Have yet to run the numbers?

The articulated D is sweet....what I know it's built from 2 Case tranaxles & one pump powering both.

It's fun to drive!

He took the D to PA for several years, but it's been around for a few years & I just think he likes showing off the new stuff like the Toro/Wheel Horse 264 4X4

I'll mention the forum to him next time I chat online with him.

The D160 is a bit rigged now...but should fix up nice...I plan on putting a HD 48" SD deck under it & mowing with it.

This one also has the 3 point like my D 200.

Stephen in northern IN

perry

nice lookin toys he built. i have never seen a little workhorse like that either. the D you got looks like a good project.

Curmudgeon

I've seen them around, but really can't say much about them so haven't said much here.

Guess all I'm saying is, yep, they're around. LOL

Dale

Sparky

So now ya got 2 "D" tractors? Lucky guy! That rear engine tractor looks like a great little go cart for a kid. My sons first tractor was a Murray 8hp rear engine rider when he was 6 years old. It was great way to teach him how to shift, brake, clutch, and to hit the key if anything went wrong.

Mike....

Rollerman

Mike will see how lucky I am...the new D has a dead cylinder & won't run very long.

Hydro seems to function well & I plan to convert it to a K341 Kohler single....have all the parts.

Gonna be kind of my Guinnie Pig so to speak...tear into it & learn a few things.

My D200 needs some adjustments as it creeps in park & when you press the brake it's anybodies guess?

These are all simple adjustments with the standard Sundstrand equipted tractors...just D is a different animal all together.

My boy already has grandad cutting some diamond plate aluminium for his work horse scooter to "pimp" it out :D

Stephen in northern IN...in D school