Sign in to follow this  
Electro12WH

Exhaust Elbow

Electro12WH

I bought a Stanley tractor muffler w/ a 1 1/2" inlet and outlet for my C160. Very nice muffler and only $19. But I'm trying to find a 90 degree elbow for it. The one I found at NAPA has about a 6" radius bend to it. I need something tighter.

N.C. horserider

Try Lowe's, Home Depot, local hardware store they are simple everyday plumbing fittings. Just tell them you need a 1 1/2" inch service or street ell. If they don't have that a 1 1/2" nipple and an elbow and you'll be in business.

Electro12WH

Yes, I can find plumbing fittings. I'm looking for a 90 degree bent exhaust pipe fitting.

Indy w h

Have u tried ur local muffler shop??? I'm thinking that a 6" radius

is as tight of a bend that they can make. Just my.02 cents.

Indy

CasualObserver

I would suggest keeping an eye on ebay... kohler exhaust elbows usually show up more predominately as cub parts than anything else. They might be too small though... I'm not sure. Also... check completed listings... if you see one that didn't sell... you can always contact the seller and see if they still have it and make them an offer.

Sarge

If you have a 1.5" flange (they show up on Ebay as well) you can use a tight-radius mandrel bent piece of tubing like this -

My Webpage

My Webpage

That size is pretty easy since it's commonly used in making smallblock header primary tubes on custom stuff. You could actually find enough pre-bent material to make a full-length header from engine to rear of tractor....lol .

Sarge

Electro12WH

I checked eBay and there was a K341 elbow for sale for $14. But he wants $10.50 for shipping. Still I'll keep checking on this. Thanks for the help!!!

Electro12WH

This is a Stanley tractor muffler model #FO 11. It has a 1 1/2" inlet and outlet. The body is 11" long and 3 1/2" dia. I bought it for $19.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-61-1255639168.jpg

Sarge

From TSC? I was looking at a similar one, seems it would quiet the engine nicely without heating it up . That K341 gets a bit loud after awhile . I had just planned on buying a bolt-on flange like the pullers use to build their header pipes , then the mandrel bent tubing from there to clear the hood to make the stack.

Sarge

Electro12WH

I ordered it through Farm & Fleet. If TSC carries that brand, they should be able to order it too. The flange and mandrell bent pipe would probably give the best performance. My block isn't drilled for a flange.

dr74go

I agree to check a muffler shop. I worked for AP Exhaust, an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer. They make 1 1/2 O.D. 90 degree elbows with a 4.00" bend radius. I think this is fairly common. I looked at their pdf Performance catalog to double check that they had one. You can look at different websites to find a dealer near you. Most sites should have dealer locations.

The names I remember are Walker, AP Exhaust, Bosal, Vibrant, and IPC. There are others, but these are the bigger companies I can remember.

DL