Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

wheels rj35

DanPatch

Hi guys, I am restoring a 1955 RJ35. The tractor has the orginal rims and tires. I was thinking of using the tire paint from M.E. Miller on the Goodrich Silvertown tires . Any advice on using this paint ? Should I spray or wipe it on? I can also tell the front rims were orginally silver and the rear rims were Black. Any sugestions for the silver paint for the front rims. Thanks

stevebo

Dan,

I am doing the very same thing with the very same machine. I just finished the 58RJ and used the miller tire paint and it looks awesome !! First thing is to clean with simple green or westly's tire cleaner to ensure they are clean. Let them dry. Mis the paint with 50/50 mix of paint and water. This stuff goes a long way. I started on the inside using a small brush. Put it on as even as you can however the paint dries and the brush markets go away. Once you do between the lugs then work your way to the sidewalls. Allow to dry overnight and you are good to go. After you remount them you will need to do some touch up. I really love this stuff. Good luck with the restore. If you have any extra parts left over I need a few items to complete my restore. Thanks- Steve Bo

CasualObserver

Dan, check out the last post on page 1 of this thread. MikesRJ used the tire paint, and laid out detail of exactly how he did it.

DanPatch

After about an hour and half I finally found the tire paint description. It is about half way down the first page in the "Work in Progress" section.

captjake

Where do you buy this tire paint? I don't see it on TSC's website.

DanPatch

The tire paint came from m.e.Miller tire. www.millertire.com and can be purchased off of Ebay.